Comments

Comments

• Carla Marini
    May 19, 2013 - 03:39

Dopo l'indimenticabile concerto del 24 /9/ 2012, all'Arena di Verona, "CARI ARTISTI" Vi aspetto con gioia ed emozione a Roma ( 7/7/2013).ciao..ciaoooo!!!

• anthony arditto
    April 26, 2013 - 04:48

we are waiting with baited breath for his return to australia just to see & hear him sing and win us again. i have been a fan since the sixties .so much respect for him . he sings & writes from the soul.

• Elizabeth
    April 25, 2013 - 15:03

EXCELLENT and fitting review filled with truth! Curious to me who appears never to have seen him would claim Hallelujah as the one song they like, at the the same time they weren't even there, so no real opportunity to like ~ yes, even love ~ others. And be pedantic about the numbers there, as though that were the point... filled to capacity is what matters. In my late 60's ~ seen him numerous times ~ love only increases and magnifies ~ a shame that someone out there, who's aware of him isn't pursuing the opportunity while they have it, yet make it a point to comment negatively.

• Anna
    April 22, 2013 - 11:50

It was the best concert I ever attended at Mile One, wouldn't it be wonderful if we could have more performers like him perform there, people would pay the extra to go. I too have a complaint though, why do people sing along with every song and I don't mean to themselves, we had to tell the group behind us to stop singing, they were drowning out Mr. Cohen's voice. Don't people know the difference between a performance and a rock concert? Also, to people who wanted to talk throughout the whole concert, that is why there is a bar downstairs.

• Mike McGettrick
      May 04, 2013 - 02:49

I've been to a Leonard Cohen "sing along" concert in Ireland and it was the most the amazing experience. Just imagine a choir of 10,000 people singing along with "The Lord of Song". There were times when Leonard stood on the stage, allowed the audience to do it on their own, and you could tell he was in absolute awe. He mentioned there were tears shed on the stage. It was a truly emotional experience.

• Mike McGettrick
      May 04, 2013 - 03:35

• Darren
    April 22, 2013 - 10:43

Judi, does it really matter? Seems like you want to find something to complain about.....how sad is that. If you must, must know......I'd say there were about 5500 in the stands and about 2500 on the floor so that would total about 8000. I stand to be corrected......I'm sure you are good at that too.

• Minnie
    April 22, 2013 - 10:42

I too was at the concert Saturday evening and only wish it would repeat once more for me in my life time. I felt so lucky to have experience Cohen in my life.

• jm
    April 22, 2013 - 09:38

Thanks for the review Tara. I was out of town & just got back last night or else I would have been there. Wasn't there supposed to be a show Sunday as well? Do you know why it was cancelled?

• Tara Bradbury, arts reporter
    April 22, 2013 - 08:56

Hi Judi, The "close to 10,000" was my estimate for the review. Mile One seats just under 7,000 in the stands.... this doesn't include floor seats set up for concerts.

• Judi Barter
    April 22, 2013 - 08:28

I've become *space challenged* in my dotage. But, can you please explain how they fit *close to 10,000* fans in a venue that holds less than 7000? Kudos to the gentleman for what seemed like an excellent performace. I wasn't there. Although in my 60s, I was never a fan of the man's music. Other than the Hallelujah song.

• Greg
      April 24, 2013 - 16:49

I'm also in my 60's and enjoy LC immensely. We drove from Maine to see him at Saint John, NB - fabulous! I want more!