Comments

Comments

• Pam Hefford
    October 09, 2013 - 20:48

Thank you for sharing , My heart breaks for you. Just know that his spirit is with you forever. The love you shared and the memories you have will be always with you. Please accept my deepest sympathy.

• Jackie
    October 09, 2013 - 14:00

Deana: Such a beautiful tribute to Eugene. Your life together was amazing. The love you shared for each other is very evident and Eugene is and will be with you every step of your journey. I think about you often.

• Rosalind Piercey
    October 09, 2013 - 10:03

This is a beautiful story of Love and Commitment! thank you for sharing this from your heart, to truly cherish those we love around us is so important. I am married and we have 3 beautiful children, I love them all! God Bless you and your family!!

• Mike Strong
    October 09, 2013 - 09:20

Thank you Deana for sharing.

• Sue Peddle
    October 09, 2013 - 09:16

Hi Deana: I heard about your loss and Bill and I were so sorry to hear that Eugene had passed. Bill used to play in a band with him, back too many years ago :) However, I am writing to tell you how eloquently you wrote about the love between you and Eugene. It touched my heart. I hope you will always feel his presence around you. And I think you will. It was a very brave story to put out there publicly and I am proud I know you, the writer :) and person :)

• Callista Silver
    October 09, 2013 - 07:12

Wow, I have such a lump in my throat right now. My heart breaks for you, as a 46 year old married women with a wonderful husband and daughter I realize how lucky I am. Yet, the loss of my Dad this June, and my Mom in January 2009 has left me with such an unexplainable feeling . I make sure to still celebrate in my own little way, their birthdays, anniversary, etc. as I love celebrations. But as you talked about the Christmas tree in your article, tears came to my eyes, the thought of neither Mom or Dad with us for anymore celebrations makes me so sad. I found comfort in your article, speaking of find in love in other people and the spirit living on. Thank you for taking the time to write such a heartwarming article. Find comfort in your family, I know I do.

• Charmaine
    October 09, 2013 - 07:04

Beautifully written and thoughtful article. Sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you.