Comments

Comments

• dennis mackey
    March 11, 2014 - 07:41

congrats bill i'm sure you'll do well in the job

March 10, 2014 - 19:03

Fine job Chief Janes. Yes the operation on the armed robberies was a hugs success!!;) Now having to deal with CLOWNS, ( Mun boy/CNA Boy) that's another story.

• Dave
    March 10, 2014 - 15:16

You guys do realize that this was an interview and that Chief Janes isn't the person who writes the article on the telegram web site?!? So if you have an issue with grammar take it up with The Telegram.

• Gekko
    March 10, 2014 - 14:45

Were these questions written by a 6th grader? Hard hitting journalism indeed. I've got one, about a recent incident involving an unarmed petty thief on a crowded university campus. When exactly does Chief Janes think it's okay for an officer to open fire in a public place?

Stephen Redgrave
    March 10, 2014 - 11:16

I am pleased to see Bill Janes taking over this position. However; it concerns me that he has lived his entire life in Newfoundland. My point being--spending a little time in one of our big cities would give Bill the much needed insight into what is heading our way. I'm just a little older than Bill and have seen the very worst of the worst that can be expected. Letting the criminals know that the RNC are not afraid to fire their weapon when threatened is a great start , and I've noticed there has been no armed robberies since the MUN incident. It works --just be careful who you target!!

• CNA Boy
    March 10, 2014 - 10:24

You attend university and don't use a period at the end of your sentence. What difference does it make?

• T Flynn
    March 10, 2014 - 10:22

Congrats Bill! Well deserved!

• Mun Boy
    March 10, 2014 - 09:33

You have a college degree and you start a sentence with "Myself and my wife"

• CATHY
      March 10, 2014 - 10:15

I find it hard to believe that you read the interview with the new RNC chief and the only thing you take away from it is how he started a sentence. We should all be supporting Chief Janes in his new role, not hiding behind a computer screen critiquing his every word.

• Andrew B.
      March 10, 2014 - 10:47

Do you critique other professions the same way or do you just have a dislike for people who police? Here a non-grammar tip: If it sounds impolite to say to a dentist, hair cutter or pilot it is probably also impolite to say to a person who polices.