Comments

Comments

• Lime G
    March 01, 2013 - 00:05

I found Stoner FM a very fair reflection of our culture here in Nfld.Like it or not on the whole it shows how we as degenerative stunted ppl act on this Island. 7/10 PG14

• Scarlett
    February 28, 2013 - 15:39

This is the worst movie I've ever seen in my life! I went to support a local film and actors and was mortified! I am so mad at myself for actually not leaving. There was only 7 ppl in the theatre! I liked GS tv and don't mind nudity etc if the movie calls for it but the scenes in this movie completely put down women and the racism and scenes with a bird performing sex acts on Kent Browns character that actually show it with a fake organ...that is just too much and disgusting. Great review and totally honest and I agree it seems the directors are all laughing to have pulled such a fast one! I'm just glad that other ppl share this opinion and having this promoted as a Newfoundland film is very sad really...and shameful sorry. Worst film ever!

• Graham
    February 28, 2013 - 08:24

Watch this totally senseless crap movie and you will see why Newfoundlanders are seen as lazy drunks by many people. CRAP CRAP CRAP Fit only to be flushed down the CRAPPER

• DingusDunn'sLane
    February 28, 2013 - 08:05

People its only a movie, there are many offensive movies out today....And persons from our OWN province are trying to bring laughs and entertainment to us. What's wrong with that? If you don't want to be offended, then do go see it..simple...I haven't seen it yet..But i know i'll support it and not try to send anyone careers to any early grave. An open mind helps every time!!

• John K
    February 28, 2013 - 08:00

I say BRAVO! This "movie" helps prove that Donny, and the cohorts who helped make this piece of junk, have ZERO talent and with any luck they will not make any other idiotic work that even You Tube will broadcast. We have so much more quality talent in this province and even mentioning the existence of this work draws attention away from so many other people who can make a difference in the film world. The bigger question is how did it even get into Empire Theatres?! The Oscars are over and we are craving some of those great films and instead they put something so horrible in that only 11 people will watch? PLEASE, give us all a break!

• john former friend of these guys
    February 28, 2013 - 06:44

worst movie of the century!!...fact!

• paul
    February 28, 2013 - 06:32

worst movie on EARTH!..Total Joke!!

• Rip Cord
    February 28, 2013 - 02:35

It was pretty much a parody of hanging out @ Tol's or Grumpy Stump. U go for a cheap buzz ..the patron's are not as pretty as downtown..and they will pretty much do any sexual act for a draw or slice o pizza!

• wavy
    February 27, 2013 - 16:24

Thanks for the warning. There's an whole other editorial here, one that's been percolating within certain corners of the local arts scene for quite some time, on how and why these things get made; what passes for art, what passes for talent, what passes for quality, inspired originality and what merits critical and popular adulation within this province- or not. Until someone has the honesty, integrity and gonads to write that piece, this is one of the bravest local reviews I've read in quite some time- bravo and thanks again for the warning.

• MIssus
    February 27, 2013 - 13:57

I was embarrassed for us all when I saw the trailer. I was embarrassed for them when they talked about it on NTV news, I was embarrassed that NTV aired such a story. I wouldn't watch it if you paid me. It's bad enough when people from away think Newfoundlander's are "dumb" or what have you, but when things like this are released it really makes us look like a bunch of idiots. I hope this movie doesn't reflect what the people of Newfoundland are really like to outsiders, it's an utter embarrassment and should not be aired.

• Joey
    February 27, 2013 - 13:50

And you expected anything more from the producers of George Street TV? Low brow humor and its lowest... racist, homophobic, sexist - but not in a fun commentary sort of way, just in a purely offensive way. Its not shocking to see these guys acting like asses... the sad part is that there are still people in society who encourage this BS. I'm happy to hear that you only had 11 audience members - actually, I hope that these guys lost money on this endeavor and cannot afford to harass us with this garbage any longer.