Johnny Reid to return to St. John's with Christmas show

Johnny Reid will present a rare, intimate concert in St. John’s Dec. 19, when he brings “A Christmas Gift to You” to Cochrane Street Church.

Johnny Reid. — Submitted photo

Reid’s management says the show was organized because the Scottish-born, Canada-raised singer/songwriter was receiving an overwhelming number of requests to come back to St. John’s, but was faced with winter travel and venue logistics.

“(He) knew he needed to find a way to give back to the community and show appreciation for his strong legion of fans that live on the Rock,” his management team said in a media release.

The show will be a stripped-down version of Reid’s current touring show, and admission will require a ticket plus one non-perishable food item, which will be given to Bridges to Hope.

Tickets are $25 (plus a $4 charge for credit card payments), and are limited to two per person. They go on sale this Saturday at 9 a.m. at Cochrane Street United Church. A limited number of tickets will be available online at johnnyreid.com.

“I could think of no better way to end a cross-Canada Christmas tour than by giving back to the good people of Newfoundland, and in turn helping those less fortunate,” Reid said in the release.

Organizations: United Church

Geographic location: St. John's, Canada, Cochrane Street Newfoundland

Comments

Comments

• Margaret Poole
    December 17, 2013 - 19:53

I am home right now watching Johnny Reid on CBC and the tears are flowing learning that he is coming to St. John's on Thursday night, what an honour for him to do that. Cheers Johnny. Have a wonderful Christmas

• Margaret Poole
    December 17, 2013 - 19:50

• nadine hunt
    December 10, 2013 - 06:20

wish i knew johnny reid was coming amazing singer ,if any one as tickets for sale please let me know thank you

• pamela power
    December 08, 2013 - 15:39

Hi,I wasn't lucky enough to be able to buy two tickets but i would love to go ,if there are any tickets someone is not using i would love to buy them,,,,

• Geraldine Murdoch
    December 04, 2013 - 07:45

Found out too late that Johnny was coming here. Sold out. I am so, so sad. I love him so, so much. His music is very soothing and makes me feel good inside. Have never seen him but he is on top of my bucket list

• Geraldine Murdoch
    December 04, 2013 - 07:42

• louise baker
    December 03, 2013 - 12:27

you are the best .merry Christmas to you

• elizabeth drake
    November 25, 2013 - 15:32

Love this man as a singer and a great humanitarian.Was sooo disappointed when this tour was not coming to St Johns.Have all his cds and couldn't find this in Marystown so got my daughter Sarah ,in Oshawa to pick it up for me today.Yeahhhh.Now if I can get tickets will see this show.$ hour drive but worth every minute of drive.

• Ann Marie Dalton
    November 25, 2013 - 15:28

u are my most favorite singer in the world.one day i could hope to personally hope to meet you .i would love to get front row centre seats for ure next concert at mile one centre in st.johns .by the time they go on sale here all the good seats are gone. lots of love and good luck with future events

• Judi
      November 27, 2013 - 08:11

Ann....your best chance of meeting Johnny is to join his fanclub .....the Tartan Army...at www.johnnyreid.com He holds meet and greets for fan club members before each concert. Hope you can get tickets for Cochrane Street show. It will be extraordinary....like all his concerts.

• June
    November 25, 2013 - 15:11

You are going to make a lot of people happy Johnny Reid, me for sure see you in St Johns.

• Judi
    November 25, 2013 - 14:08

Johnny Reid is in a league of his own. Months ago he promised fans if there was any way possible to bring the Christmas show to NL he would do it. And he's delivering...at risk that weather conditions may hamper his own family Christmas plans. That's why he is #1 in Canada and #1 in our hearts. #AChristmasGifttoYou...in stores now! Best Christmas album out there.