Choir performs at Robin Hood Bay dump

Staff ~ The Telegram

Matthew Bown (centre), and fellow members of the Newman Sound Men's Choir, perform in St John's at the Robin Hood Bay Landfill for Ruckus on the Edge. The choir performed for a small crowd including of St. John's Mayor Dennis O'Keefe. - Photo By Mark Burt/Special to The Telegram.

Organizations: Robin Hood Bay Landfill

Geographic location: Robin Hood Bay, St. John's

Comments

Comments

• Billy
    July 02, 2010 - 13:26

I bet they didn't sound like Junk!!

• what odds
    July 02, 2010 - 13:23

I bet the sea gulls loved it.

• David
    July 02, 2010 - 13:14

I spent some time travelling through your beautiful province of newfoundland a few years ago and thoroughly loved evertyhting about it - the people, the scenery and much more - it truly was an amazing and wonderful place and I'd love to return someday. But I cannot for the life of me understand why a choir would give a performance in a landfill? It's downright bizarre and sounds like some sort of wierd Monty Python skit! It just baffles me! Who would go to the dump to hear a choir perform? Don't worry though, I still love and respect you all up there in Newfoundland!

• Chris
    July 02, 2010 - 13:13

I heard Dennis O'Keefe on the news yesterday praising the glory of Robin Hood bay. He should be ashamed of Robin Hood Bay

1) It should not be there (so close to city)
    2) the toxic waste that in in that place for the past 50 years is an environmental disaster that seeps into the Atlantic ocean every time it rains
    3) where is the city's 100% recycling program Dennis?

we are still in the stone age when it comes to waste management!

• Billy
    July 01, 2010 - 20:13

I bet they didn't sound like Junk!!

• what odds
    July 01, 2010 - 20:07

I bet the sea gulls loved it.

• David
    July 01, 2010 - 19:53

• Chris
    July 01, 2010 - 19:51

1) It should not be there (so close to city)
    3) where is the city's 100% recycling program Dennis?

we are still in the stone age when it comes to waste management!