Salmon Festival Line-Up Announced

Staff ~ The Telegram

The line-up for the 26th annual Exploits Valley Salmon Festival has been announced, with several acts returning to the province approximately three months after visiting for the 2010 Juno?Awards.
Acts set to play the festival include: headliner Three Days Grace, Matthew Good, Faber Drive, Classified, Doc Walker, Sloan and Matt Hornell and the Diamond Minds.
The line-up was announced today by chairperson for this year's festival and town councilor with the Town of Grand Falls-Windsor, Anne Blackmore.
"This year's festival will not disappoint," Blackmore stated in a follow-up news release. "We anticipate that this year's concert will be one of the best ever. The amount of talent at the concert is extraordinary. This is the first year we have had six imported bands, all of which have a unique sound and style making this year the most diverse lineup yet."
The 2010 Salmon Festival will run July 15 to July 19, with the main concert day being Saturday, July 17.
Discounted early bird tickets, at $49.50 each, go on sale Friday, June 4 and will be available at select North Atlantic Retail Outlets and Orangestore locations across the province until Canada Day. They are also available by phone at 1-877-585-9762 or online at: www.salmonfestival.com.
After that date, any remaining tickets will be sold at $59.50 or, at the gate on the day of the concert, at $69.50.

Weblink:
townofgrandfallswindsor.com

Organizations: Town of Grand Falls-Windsor

Comments

Comments

• Donny
    July 02, 2010 - 13:31

Nice going with Yawnfest 2010. That line up will make sure you'll have no problem getting a camp site in the area all weekend. What happened? Trooper wasn't available?

• Ben
    July 02, 2010 - 13:27

Really? Wow so disappointed again in our inability to get big talent. Look at the Cavendish PEI concert line up for example now compare to this. Maybe we can bring it some real concert promoters to NL ? Very sad!

• mike
    July 02, 2010 - 13:25

What a horrible line up. All these bands should be filler bands while the headlining bands set up! Maybe the cheaper the bands they get, the more money they put in their pockets. Too bad they wont get the ticket sales to make any money!

• Ryan
    July 02, 2010 - 13:24

Horrible once again

• Linda
    July 02, 2010 - 13:23

This years festival will not disappoint? Well, once again i'm disappointed with the Salmon Festival lineup. I haven't heard of most of those bands. The organizers of this festival need to get their act together and get some real talent. I certainly won't be wasting my money on a ticket.

• Beth
    July 02, 2010 - 13:23

I hate to say this, but I live at home in nearby Lewisporte during the summer and once again, this year's lineup is not worth wasting gas to get there. Just because the bands are imported and diverse it doesn't mean a successful festival.

I attend MUN in St. John's during the school year and I'd rather see a super star act like The Dave Matthews Band headline the festival and fill the rest of the lineup with great local acts such as Hey! Rosetta and Grammercy Riffs ... Do that and you'll get your 35,000 people.

• Paul N
      September 17, 2013 - 15:58

Dave Matthews Band would be an amazing addition - I am trying to tell whomever will listen Canada is ready for a tour :) https://www.facebook.com/DMBCanada

• Citizen of
    July 02, 2010 - 13:22

Wow, who????

• Tanya
    July 02, 2010 - 13:22

Way to go Matthew Hornell and the Diamond Minds! Nice to see a local act getting on stage with some other recognizable acts. Wish we could be there to see you guys perform!

• drew
    July 02, 2010 - 13:20

I try not to pick on my own province however come on now. Please don't tell me this year's talent is the best ever. It's an absolute joke.

I get it. Why bring in big acts when you sell out every year.... the problem is once people lose interest you'll never get them back out there. Short term gain for long term pain

This line up is an absolute joke.

• Bill
    July 02, 2010 - 13:17

..... Yawwwwnnnn ......

• You'veGottaBeKidding
    July 02, 2010 - 13:15

WHO???????

• Justin
    July 02, 2010 - 13:13

Donny Dooley....I see the special ed class got out early again today heh? You have to be the most brutal person who ever lived. No wonder, look where you are from. Your father, if you ever find out who he is, must be proud of you!

• Paul
    July 02, 2010 - 13:11

Come on guys ,you need a major headliner.There are lots big acts touring North America,Iron Maiden,Scorpions etc. You are only short changing yourselves with these middle of the road acts. Build it and they will come.

• T
    July 02, 2010 - 13:10

Hip hop fans will be happy with Classified. Great east coast MC

The line up is not that bad. Three Days Grace is typical radio rock and Matthew Good can put off a good performace.

I won't say I'll be envying you though when I am watching Maiden and Tool this summer

• Joe
    July 02, 2010 - 13:09

I didn't know that Three Days Grace and Matthew Goode were still on the go and they are the headliners?!?!?!

• Donny

July 01, 2010 - 20:06

Wow, who????

• Tanya
    July 01, 2010 - 20:06

• drew
    July 01, 2010 - 20:04

This line up is an absolute joke.

• Bill