Comments

Comments

• Jeff Warford
    July 26, 2010 - 08:47

Great job boys! Great way to raise awareness for an excellent cause!

• elizabeth carew
    July 25, 2010 - 22:54

John Carew I am a very proud mom. Also congratulations to your friends for completing the run

• Zeke
    July 25, 2010 - 10:59

Well done "Lads"!! Makes me even more proud to have served with the Royal Newfoundland Regiment. And still being a member of the military, this allows us all to reflect on the sacrifices being made overseas by our comrades.

• Dan Desgrosseilliers
    July 25, 2010 - 03:40

What an honourable cause gentlemen...we must never forget the sacrifice our young women and men in uniform make every day on our behalf...and as these three fine men remind us...let's make sure we are there to support the survivors....have a great a great Tely 10.

• Melvin Ruby
      July 25, 2010 - 09:53

Seeing these 3 soilders run this morning, made me really proud to call myself a Canadian. Everybody on the route should of saluted these 3 men. They are heros, not only for what they did this morning,but for willingly putting themselves in harms way, so we can sleep in saftey every night. That i say thank you.

• Melvin Ruby
      July 25, 2010 - 09:54

• Roisin Carew-Arithi
    July 24, 2010 - 22:24

As a civilian with the Department of National Defence in Halifax, I am aware of the military and what they do for us; however, I never knew what it would be like to have someone in Afghanistan until my brother, Sgt John Carew, went. I am very proud of him and ALL of the men and women serving around the world - and I love the fact that he will be running in the Tely 10 - Good luck John and Good luck Gerry (my other brother). Roisin

• John
    July 24, 2010 - 20:00

Next year, why not have a race with Corrections, Fire, Police, Navy, Army and Air Force. People could collect pledges and then donate to their favourite charity be it a Forces charity, MD for the Fire Dept, etc..

• Shawn Clarke