Comments

Comments

• Sick of it
    February 09, 2011 - 17:50

I'm tired of hearing the cries of the *oh poor me* innu,Yes, I'm glad these people have taken a stand about the money for the future of the kids,and hope they get their jobs back. BUT, I live in Goose Bay and am sick to death of hearing the * our land * and the * we want money from this, that and the other * . I wish the governement would get a back bone and say *HELL NO!!!* Not be walked over and give free everything. Why was 5.5 MILLION!!!! given freely to the members of the community? Exactly for WHAT reason was this done? I have lived in Labrador my whole life, I am as much an owner of *OUR LAND* as they are, yet i get nothing, I work, and dam hard!! I have a sick child, yet nobody is willing to toss some of that *our land* money my way to help my child get the medical attention needed. How about they get jobs(there are loads out there) and put that money into a medical fund for the the people of the province who can not get help from anyone. My parents maybe from Newfoundland(and I'm proud of this), but I was born and raised in Labrador!! I AM LABRADORIAN AND SICK OF IT!!!!! Oh, and Gerry, well said!

• james
    February 09, 2011 - 16:32

Simeon Tshakapesh needs to be check out in a metal hospital period . i cant imagine the amount of money he has wasted on him self and his pretend friends the lawyers. suck it dry before his time is up i guess thats what he is planning on the people expense. make me sick the thought of him being in power and making his people live in fear of job lost when there isn't much employment in the town already. all he is doing is peaking on the weak abuse of power

• Gerry
    February 09, 2011 - 14:06

Well goddamn it ...... it will soon be time for all of us to start a new revolution. "A total of $5.5 MILLION has been given to community members since last year .... and ....... he has also arranged for WWE wrestlers to come to Natuashish to perform and has agreed to take four youth and chaperones to Toronto to see wrestling." Am I reading a fairy tale here? Good God .... what in hell is going on? Is this how your tax dollars (and mine) are being spent? For some, it seems "life is a banquet, while most poor suckers are starving to death" (Auntie Mame 1958). Some day I expect we will become so frustrated we may be motivated to duplicate a page from the streets of Egypt and Tunisia in order to awaken our politicians to the fact that many of us have become "fed-up" with the uncontrollable, trivial expenditures of our tax dollars. And having said that, I guess I will be marked a redneck and a bigoted and intolerant person. But to repeat a movie quote from one of the oldies of the 1940s, " Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn".

• John
    February 09, 2011 - 12:08

What is this? North Korea? This whole situation reaks of Dictatorship. The people of the tribe need protection.

• jim
    February 09, 2011 - 12:05

Time for a new election

• maclean
    February 09, 2011 - 10:19

Is this some kind of joke? Seriously?

• concerned
      February 09, 2011 - 13:34

I think its time for the Government to check on the Spending of this Chief.It seems that there are more important things in his community yet he is spending money on Wrestling. i wonder what he whats to do with the 25 million ,take a group to Las vegas.he is saying it is Healing ,I don't think so