Comments

Comments

• tiana
    May 02, 2011 - 19:51

from what i understand fibromyalgia is affected by your mood but obviously not entirely. depression is a huge part of the issue. doing rewarding activities helps the symptoms. with any neurological problem stress can exacerbate the issues. it is mainly a diagnosis that doctors still know very little about in the great scheme of things. i find that many times the diagnosis is given to the people with mystery chronic pain, but the criteria is becoming more specific. there is definitely a reason why anti-depressants are apart of the treatment for many with this disorder. going to work can be a stressful thing, and for a person who may have serious social anxiety, that could really throw their body into a tail spin.

• Miss Diagnosis
    April 29, 2011 - 10:35

What does vacationing and camping have to do with being disabled? Just because you're disabled doesn't mean you cannot enjoy life. What a moronic thing to say. I can no longer work, but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy activities when I have someone there to assist me, drive, etc. Too bad there's not a cure for inherent stupidity.

• Heather Adams
    April 20, 2011 - 19:56

In the previous comment I indicated that the above person passed away yesterday. The lady I was talking about is Kim Jackson, age 42.

• Heather Adams
    April 20, 2011 - 19:50

Maybe all of you folks who think you know everything about other people's illnesses should also get educated. These illnesses are real and the people who suffer them are real. The above lady passed away yesterday, April 19, 2011.

• D. Brett
    April 18, 2011 - 20:56

Mr. Dooley, I am a narcoleptic. Fortunately -- just as there is treatment for narcolepsy, cataplexy, and fibromyalgia -- there is also treatment for ignorance. I hope you will choose to educate yourself.

• Donny Dooley Dildo NL
    April 17, 2011 - 14:15

...another one of the new excuses for not being able to work is this "electromagnet sensitivity". LOL. What will they think of next?

• Donny Dooley Dildo NL
    April 17, 2011 - 14:12

Listen, I worked with a lady who had fibromyalgia too. She could do everything but WORK! This included vacationing in the sunny south several times a year, camping, and sailing. She just couldn't get out of bed to go to work - took the good right out of her!