Comments

Comments

• Steve
    May 14, 2011 - 10:49

Mom - You must be this man's actual mom! This man lied on his medical license renewal, contributed to peoples drug abuse problems, potentially causing drug overdoses in people supposed under his - electronic care! You can't be for real! I guess only time will tell with regard to any upcoming criminal charges.

• Mary Jane
      May 15, 2011 - 05:57

To Mom: The only part I agree with you is that it should cost him dearly. You cannot break laws and expect patients to have trust in you.

• Adam Martin Aguiar
    May 13, 2011 - 19:37

I was almost killed by the indiscriminate prescription of oxycodone at a hospital after I fell and broke my shoulder.The thoughtless indiscriminate use of these opium drugs has to be better controlled ..even under legal use.

• Adam Martin Aguiar
    May 13, 2011 - 19:31

I spent a few days in the hospital being detoxified from the pain killer drug oxycodone that was given me at the hospital where I went to, after I broke my shoulder bone. The [pain was excruciating but the effect of the pain killer was almost fatal. This was all done legally and straight forward. My comment is ..we must stop the indiscriminate prescribing of such opium derived drugs.......even when not for "recreational" uses! There have have deaths I am told due to this cavalar

• mom
    May 13, 2011 - 15:01

I don't think this doctor is a criminal. Based on the information presented I think he made an error in judgement that will cost him dearly. This does not change his ability as a psychiatrist. I hope he can get past this and continue his work of helping others.

• Mary Jane
      May 14, 2011 - 13:28

"Strong character and reliability" clashes with the information posted, which is writing "1500 online prescriptions in one month, submitting a false application and losing license in three states".

• Brent Jackson
    May 13, 2011 - 14:14

The clinical chiefs are so desparate to keep psychiatrists in this province that they choose to brand this "doctor" as having “strong character and reliability”. Our society is so completely screwed up.

• Steve
    May 13, 2011 - 10:49

I guess we are that hard up to attract specialists here in Newfoundland and Labrador to keep this person on the payroll. There is one reason and one reason only that this doctor would throw his profession on the line - GREED! It might be interesting for Revenue Canada to do an audit on this doctor's income tax ?

• LOTTEE
    May 13, 2011 - 09:43

yet another scenario of how the College of Physicians and Surgeons underhandedly mess with the health and welfare of people. This man would be highly educated...is he trying to tell us "He didn't know" that prescribing drugs online...without seeing the patient isn't right... C'mon now. License suspended? No his license should be REVOKED period. If he didn't realise one of the drugs he was prescribing was a controlled substance, who is to say the drug he prescribes to one of his 'physical' patients is not something that could harm them. That coupled with the fact that he was providng scrpts online...when he wasn't licensed to work in various states...ha! Load of bull if you ask me...and to cry or sob about it...I tend to agree...he is upset more at the fact that he got caught, than being 'unethical' - idiot shouldn't be practicing anyways if thats the case.

• Dawn
    May 13, 2011 - 09:36

What good is an undertaking from a liar. He LIED on his application. He prescribed medication to patient without seeing them. One person overdosed on his medication. You will never convince me that a doctor didn't know better. I would like to know how may of those applications he turned down. My guess would be none if he was only geting paid to write a prescription. Shame on Eastern Health for employing him.

• Bad Psychiatrist
    May 13, 2011 - 09:27

Tsk tsk tsk. If you have an issue here a tissue. Why don't the man cry out to his drug addicted patients that he help to feed. What about them? This guy ain't truly sorry. He's sorry that he got caught. He should have his license be suspended forever. He's nothing more than a typical pill pushing Psychiatrist.

• Loretta Fitzgerald
    May 13, 2011 - 08:48

Health care workers see us and help us at our most vulunerable time.This is especially true in the field of psychiatry where there may be unclear thinking,stress and stigma involved. A credible doctor would not even prescribe a baby asprin if he/she did not know the patient.We are talking about medications a lot more serious than a baby asprin right here.On top of that we are talking about a teacher of medical students.Take ethics out of any situation and we are in trouble,take it out of medecine and our lives are in danger.

• Scott Free
    May 13, 2011 - 07:39

sob, sob, sob. many a criminal, theif, scumbag are so sorry...after they're caught. But, up until then, they're scheming away, sucking out every possible dollar, preying on the weak. A man of real character and reliability; yeah right.

• Pete Wrong
      May 13, 2011 - 08:35

Everyone makes mistakes!! But we all learn from them.

• Wrong Treatment
      May 15, 2011 - 13:08

It is amazing how someone lke this "doctor" can be allowed to practice in Newfoundland and Labrador, now that the health board knows about him. I know someone who was a patient of his some years ago at the Health Science and he was a very ignorant person, and looked down on people, not just my friend but others. Are we really that hard up for Good Doctors of any field. Let the U.S. take care of him, since this all started down there.