Comments

Comments

• Paul Hussey
    June 04, 2011 - 19:49

All our prayers are with you, Paul. "Ride like you just stole it...." Paul (and Mom)

• caleb
    June 04, 2011 - 18:47

Hi Paul I wish you all the very best in your fight against this very aweful disease no one truly can understand the emontional and physical strain this has on a person . I myself was diagnoised with a very aggressive prostate cancer and the news was very bad, then to add to that i was told that I would have to wait 3 to 6 months for surgery???? Being a Registered Nurse I was able to get my surgery arrainged quickley in Halifax with no help in anyway from the provincial goverment of NL. Thank God I'm still alive and on this side of the sod LOL. I wonder how long did you have to wait for your surgery??????? Take care and keep up the fight against this dreadful illness.

• Mike & Elaine Zaichkowsky
    June 04, 2011 - 13:13

Paul, it's been years since we've seen you when you worked in Corner Brook and were involved with Big Brothers & Big Sisters. As always, you put your best foot forward. Keep looking ahead and you will bounce back from your illness in no time. You are a strong person and you will defeat this battle just as you will win in the next election with flying colors. May your journey through this treatment give you more power and strength. Take Care! Mike, Elaine & Andrew

• Jen
    June 04, 2011 - 11:27

Good luck, We will be thinking of you & wish nothing but the best for you!!!

• David
    June 04, 2011 - 11:09

Paul, you can do it. I was diagnosed in 2004 with Chronic Lypocytic Leukemia ( CLL), and have gone through chemo etc. The nurses and doctors at the APT are fantastic. Keeping a positive attitude is very important. At times this will be difficult, but don't be afraid to let your feeling out. There is always someone to talk to. Like you, during treatment you have to be careful where you go, what you do because of the weakened immune system. Your true friends will understand that it is better not to visit than to bring you a cold. Unfortunately, my immune system has never rebounded so I go to the APT every three weeks to get Immune Globulin to keep it active---not a chore when you consider what it does. I may see you there. Cheers.

• robert tucker
    June 04, 2011 - 09:07

Mr. Davis, think postivitly!!! My father, Gordon, Tucker had the same and he survived for 14 yrs, from ages 57 to almost age 71! Good luck!!!

• Harvey Jackman
    June 04, 2011 - 08:23

You can do it, Paul !!! And you'll win the election too!!!

• RB
    June 04, 2011 - 08:00

Good luck!! You have a great outlook. Hope to see you back in the best of health very soon.

• K
      June 04, 2011 - 09:34

Thank you for inputting the information on Non Hodgkin's Lymphoma....I too, have been diagnosed with the disease and have started my first treatment...Like you have stated, there are good days and bad days, but with the wonderful Drs and health professionals dealing with people like us, the road to recovery won't be too stressful. Good luck as you carry out your day to day work!

• Justin
    June 04, 2011 - 07:42

Mr. Davis, I wish you nothing but the best in your fight, and keep up the good spirits and great attitude. I'm sure you will be missed in the community over the next several months as you are a prominent volunteer, but time flies, and before you know it, you'll be back doing what you love to do and helping others. Again, good luck and god bless.

• Don Lester
    June 04, 2011 - 07:07

Best wishes for a speedy recovery Paul.