Comments

Comments

• Bonnie
    August 30, 2011 - 21:06

Way to go Micheal Ryder!!!!! Reading about the day that you spent with the cup ,sounded quite amazing to say the least. I wish I had flown home to be their with my family, my son would have been so siked!!!!! Halifax day with Brad Marchand was nice but nothing like Newfies day... Congrats again.

• Karen
    August 30, 2011 - 20:48

CONGRATULATIONS RYDER, It's a proud day for fellow newfoundlanders. As a mom of two boys I can only imangine the joy your parents feel to see you bringing the cup to Bonnivista. Habs, Toronto, Bruins who cares what team.. you worked hard and brought the joy and excitement to your hometown, Be Proud And Enjoy Every Minute.... GO RYDER GO

• JohnBucyk
    August 30, 2011 - 19:03

Waited 39 years for the Bruins to raise the Cup !!! Too bad Darryl Williams couldn't bring it home , as I know him . But i'm a Big Bad Bruins fan . Way to go Michael . You have made Bonavista and all NL proud .

• JasonP
    August 30, 2011 - 15:33

The Bruins are a bunch of hypercrites and they SUCK! Never in my life have I seen such an undeserving champion, until this past year.

• TonyP
      August 31, 2011 - 08:01

Jasonp - Angry much? You're the difference between winners and whiners.

• barb hennessey
      August 31, 2011 - 11:08

You are such a sore loser.

• Catherine Grant
      August 31, 2011 - 19:53

I was disappointed with CBC's clip on Michael Ryder bringing the Stanley Cup to his hometown, Bonavista. I stayed up especially to watch this segment. It was very disappointing as I did not see any of the celebration. The clip was focused on the table and the cup falling to the floor. And a recount of all the abuse that the cup has received over the years. The reporting of this piece of news was sub-standard and reminded me of the National Inquirer instead of the National Broadcast that I was expecting!

• Eli
    August 30, 2011 - 14:55

This day belonged to Michael Ryder who wanted nothing more than to share the day and the Stanley Cup with the town and people of Bonavista. We know polititians have no shame especially with an election around the corner. Shame!

• Don
    August 30, 2011 - 13:49

Some people you just can't please because if Dunderdale didn't show up, the same people would still be complaining. Congrats Michael....the province is so proud of you!

• Barry
    August 30, 2011 - 13:31

Its to bad that Dunderdale had to show her face there today, theres a time and place for politics and this was not it.

• bt
      August 30, 2011 - 18:31

She had to show up you dummy!! She is the rep for the province. Where have you seen an event where the mayor, MHA, Premier etc did not attend an important event relation to their province etc .

• Bostonono
    August 30, 2011 - 12:18

Go Boston - Habs SUCK!

• nl hockey fan
    August 30, 2011 - 09:55

way to go mike, you deserve it. the leaders of all three parties are going. Totally disgusting. This is a celrbration and no place for grubby politics. Where were they with congrats when hw won the cup.

• Mike
      August 30, 2011 - 11:24

Michael Ryder likely doesn't even know who Kathy Dunderdale, Kevin Aylward or Lorraine Michael are. How did Dunderdale manage to snag a ride on the chopper?