Comments

Comments

• Liz LeDrew
    July 18, 2013 - 11:45

Batten's is such a horrible disease. I had a brother and sister die from it and I am a carrier. I hope some day there will be a cure. Liz

• Marilyn Snow
    July 17, 2013 - 12:42

Candace will always have a place in her heart for those little girls as she will for all the family. She was very privileged to have had the chance to help out with both little girls. She adored them both and will always hole them in her heart. xx

• Brown eyes
    July 17, 2013 - 11:56

Annette , you are a beautiful person. I myself is a parent . I admire who you are. Thinking about you and your family. Hold tight to your memories of those two beautiful girls. God indeed has two beautiful little angles. As I read your story, it brought tears to my eyes. There will come a day that you will hold your two little angels in your arms again. Until than, love and cherish every moment you have with Leah. May God bless you and your family.

• sharon finlay
    September 04, 2011 - 18:12

May god bless you both, you are both amazing parents,your story is just so sad,you have 2 little angels looking down on you from above,may god give you both the strength to keep up the good work.

• Flo Hargraves
    September 02, 2011 - 20:36

My prayers are with you and your family. It is wonderful to hear you have given so much back to the Children's Wish Foundation in memory of your daughters. From their photos I can appreciate how much you must miss them.

• mudderl
    September 02, 2011 - 11:32

Heartbreaking. I hope and pray this family finds joy and comfort in every way possible. Can't imagine going through that. A much stronger mother than I could be, I'm not sure I could do what she's done. My prayers go out to you.

• sporter
    September 02, 2011 - 10:32

A very touching story....so nice to have such wonderful memories of them and now to be helping others make memories.

• Sarah
    September 02, 2011 - 10:19

God bless you for all that you are doing for children in your daughters' names. They were beautiful little girls who looked like they brought much joy during their time here on earth.

• Violet Holmes
    September 02, 2011 - 09:56

Two beautiful girls gone too soon! Rest eternal grant them O Lord, and let light perpetual shine upon them. Congratulations to the families and supporters who so generously donated their time and talent in raising money for the Wish Foundation, making it possible to grant other sick children their wish!

• Charlene Dawe-Roach
    September 02, 2011 - 09:45

As a nurse.... I know the 'logistics' of everything you went through..... as a Mother, I have no idea how you did it! My heart aches for you and your Family but you are all to be commended for everything you did for the Girls and are still doing for the Wish Foundation! God Bless!!!!

• Tocchet
    September 02, 2011 - 09:27

Very sad story to read...my condolences to the Sparkes family. Applaud their perseverance! For those of you that don't know, Battens disease is rare but NL experiences an unusually high concentration resulting from our smaller gene pool. Both parents have to be carriers in order to pass along to children. Should you have a family history of this, as I do, a simple blood test will determine if you are a carrier.

• BI
    September 02, 2011 - 07:58

You can rest assured you were fantastic parents to the end, and still are for Leah. What beautiful daughters you had. My thoughts and prayers go out to you today.

• BI