Hundreds of people from the Gander area enjoyed a traditional Newfoundland breakfast this morning at the Gander Community Centre as part of the 9-11 10th anniversary tribute "Beyond Words." Among the servers were several of the passengers stranded in Gander for several days following the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, as well as executive members of several of the airlines that had planes diverted to Gander International Airport.
- Read more special articles :
- - Canadians unsure they've been told everything about 9-11: poll
- - 10th anniversary of 9-11 marked in St. John's
- - A schedule of 9-11 memorial events
- - Gander praised on 10th anniversary of 9-11 attacks