Comments

Comments

• Paying Customer
    October 19, 2011 - 14:02

I was there at the Breakfast with the GREAT ONE as well with some excited boys that were very disappointed and upset to not be able to get an autograph or picture with the GREAT ONE! . I surpising find out after it was over, that a number of family members of the sponsors of this event manage to get numerous of items autographed. Turns my stomach that all the sponosors and family of the sponsors get to attend this event free of charge and get augtographs and the PAYING Customers far from 900 of them get NOTHING. Will never happen again. Worse than going to Bonavista to see the CUP and Michael Ryder and come to find out you had to pay $500 to have access to the VIP tent and hopefully get an autograph. Pathetic.

• Paying Customer
    October 19, 2011 - 14:00

• Derrick
    October 19, 2011 - 10:25

I was there yesterday and I really appeciated the opportunity to see Wayne in person and listen to him answer all those questions with such sincerity. Here is a guy who, the minute he arrives in Canada, is completely surrounded and sometimes hounded by adoring hockey fans and he handles it with such grace. What a true legend!

• r c brewer
    October 19, 2011 - 09:28

And did we need Frank Mckenna as the interviewer?

• Don
    October 19, 2011 - 06:57

Good article, but why belittle Bobby Orr and Ray Bourque. This was a planned event with plenty of hype, completely different than Ray's Tim Horton's stop and the same with Bobby in the Goulds, I didn't know he was there. Recently at the Boston Bruuins alumni games, thousands of fans gathered and waited for autographs and photos with Ray Bourque, my kid one of them. I agree that Gretzky is one of our national treasures, but you should not have to dismiss other greats to make the point.

• Pete
      October 19, 2011 - 13:20

I totally agree with you Don. Absolutely no need of talking about Bobby Orr and Ray Bourque in such a way that desparages these two legendary hockey players. Come on Robin Short, please show a little more respect.