Comments

Comments

• Marion
    October 25, 2011 - 14:07

I wish that people who don't support Occupy NL would give some actual reasons, instead of just throwing insults around. And I wish they would find out who the people really are who support it, instead of bandwagoning on the whole "lazy bums"-"dirty hippies" idea. Most of the people who support it work, a lot of them have families and other responsibilities, and yet they still find time to care enough to give up some precious leisure time to stand up for people's rights and to build a future. Well, maybe in ten years, people will thank them, just like we thank the heroes of the labour movement, the women's rights movement, and the civil rights movement. But I guess it's different when social change happens in your own lifetime.

• Nadine
    October 25, 2011 - 13:21

Solidarity from Occupy Edmonton! Keep up the great work in St. John's! Show me what democracy looks like!

• Nick
    October 25, 2011 - 11:32

Oh look, all we have from the PC voters in this thread are "pass the granola" (OH HO! SNAP! SO FUNNY! SO RELEVANT!) and "Dirty hippies should get a job!" (SO ORIGINAL! ASSUMPTIONS = FACTS!). Get real. Regardless of party affiliation, it is highly disingenuous of Dunderdale to walk away from her responsibilities to the electorate and to pretend that there is no reason to open the house. This is OUR HOUSE. WE THE PEOPLE. Have you people forgotten about the rights and responsibilities attached to the principle of democracy? You know, "representative government"? Or do you nay-sayers just not care? I bet you dont. Why bother voting if you seriously don't care about the basic fundamentals of our democratic process? You shame our Island and you shame yourselves.

• To KD
    October 25, 2011 - 11:05

I along with the other Occupy people work hard for my poverty. I really don't appreciate being labeled a lazy bum looking for a handout - especially from someone who lacks the basic skills of grammar. I go to school for 3-10 hours a day on weekdays and work 12 hour shifts on the weekend and am up 6:30am to 7:30 am every day of the week. You want to label us as lazy? Go ahead, but you better take a good long hard look in the mirror buddy. I don't get handouts from anyone and I stand up for your rights as well as mine. Feel free to join us at MUN, Downtown, or the Confederation building any time to see what a bunch of lazy bums we are. Not that I'm holding my breath, but I'm sure if I see you it will be on a nice sunny afternoon and not in a downpour of rain. I work for a living and I work for the future. If that's a load of crap, then let it be.

• garryholy crap complaining
    October 25, 2011 - 10:37

holy crap complaining about your new premier already remember you people just elected blunderdale next time THINK before you mark your x.there will be a lot of sad people before 2015.

• Alex
      October 25, 2011 - 15:25

the fact is only 54% of Newfoundlanders voted this year so those polls where based on only half of the provinces vote.

• Gary
    October 25, 2011 - 10:06

By "theses people," I assume you mean the MLAs.

• roy
    October 25, 2011 - 08:15

What's going on in NL. it seems that the Govt is ignoring the wishes of the people who elected them, Wasn;t it 81% of people who responded to NTV news who said the house should open. Why is it that if you want to be heard you have to demonstrate at confederation bldg. The association representing Govt pensioners recently had to parade on confederation bldg. apparently they are not being heard or given a chance to meet with govt. The people from Marystown had to demonstrate and there are others. what are we coming to, is it that power corrups and supreme power, well you know what. I guess we are getting what we voted for

• Steve Winslow
    October 25, 2011 - 08:08

Dunderdale government: Record arrogance in record time.

• Casandra
    October 25, 2011 - 08:08

How convenient, Dunderdale wasn't available!!!!!! Here comes the lies....................Ms. Michael and her new MHA's were there!!!!!!

• Yah
    October 25, 2011 - 08:03

"I had no idea like six days later there would be 120 some ODD people on the steps of Confederation Building." I did.

• W Bagg
    October 25, 2011 - 07:51

well, a seasonal govt worker, he won't need to worry about future employment under Dunderdale's administration. You can take that to the bank...............he may be the first non-journalist with a purple file.

• Rusty
    October 25, 2011 - 07:42

Pass the granola please!!!!

• carol ann rogers
    October 25, 2011 - 07:06

This is what democracy looks like.. and it looks good to see young people so involved. Elected officials should be working every day just like you and I. They should be moving forward with all the campaign promises that got them in that "seat" literaly.

• KD
    October 25, 2011 - 07:04

What a bunch of crap these people should try working for a living I know where I work if I were to take days off anytime I pleases I would find myself with lots of time on my hands.It just makes me sick these days in this land of oppurtunity to see so many people who choose not to work waiting for handouts, and with regard to the house opening the opposition parties are using the peoples place for political gains

• Chantal
    October 25, 2011 - 06:58

Thanks, Matt. Things only change because of people like you.

• Kent
    October 25, 2011 - 06:44

One of Dunderdale's TV election ads featured her saying how she felt it was a tremedous privilege to be elected by and serve the people of the province. Looks the honeymoon is over. They (politicians) then wonder why the public feels so cynical about any thing they say or do. Gee, I can't imagine why?