Comments

Comments

• Sandi
    September 03, 2012 - 02:02

As someone who has dealt with the grief of losing a child to stillbirth I understand what this family has and is still going through. Truly inspiring.

• Yvette
    November 02, 2011 - 12:38

Wonderful family.....I can see their hearts from here......I am so sorry for the loss of your baby...but I am so happy for what you have and the smiles on your faces, say that you all know the true meaning of love and teaching of love....made me cry too....like your little one said...happy and sad tears mixed together.....

• LocalGal
    November 02, 2011 - 12:00

Pregnancy loss is devestating - illustrating how to move on while still honouring the memory of their child makes this family a true inspiration.

• Gil
    November 02, 2011 - 11:23

As a Newfoundlander living in Ottawa, and as an infertile/infertility advocate, I read many, many stories of heartache about miscarriages, stillbirths, devastating news during pregnancy, and of course, stories of success. I am glad to hear that Madelyne is remembered in such a loving, caring way and spoken about as a member of the family, even though she's not physically present. Online, there is a wonderful resource (Glow in the Woods at http://www.glowinthewoods.com/) that many people turn to in times of such grief and to celebrate the lives of the little ones that are lost, but so very loved. I think it's a wonderful idea to start a support group in Newfoundland. Many people who go through this need the support of those who understand and having that resource to turn to would be an amazing thing. Good luck.

• James
    November 02, 2011 - 09:20

Thanks a million guys..you just made a 35 year old man cry ....at work.

• Amazing
    November 02, 2011 - 09:10

This is such a touching story. What an incredible family, able to celebrate little Madelyne's life like that! It's lovely to see the children think of their sister that way! The parents must be doing something awfully right!!!

• Derrick
    November 02, 2011 - 08:20

Very touching story. God bless this family and Madelyne.

• patsy
      November 03, 2011 - 08:26

What a beautiful story! And like many other readers have said, it brought a tear to my eye. How blessed we are to have family & friends who support us in difficult times. Dannette, you truly know how to put your readers in tune with the situation. Looking forward to reading more.