Comments

Comments

• Shea Heights
    December 30, 2011 - 00:32

Whoever decides to touch children should NEVER EVER BE ALLOWED around children ever again.They know its wrong but still chooses to molest kids.I know of a popular sports center in st.johns where a convicted molester works, where there is always children.... makes me sick!!

• owen
    December 29, 2011 - 22:52

...what a joke. I'd get a more severe punishment for poaching a moose to feed my family.....we should bring back the gallows in my opinion....

• Ourbadjusticesystem
    December 29, 2011 - 22:33

Our justice system is too lax on real criminals. Too much money is spent putting away the 'Robinhoods' (those committing monetary crimes) so the real criminals can roam the streets. Too much value has been placed on money and not enough on safety. It's a sad state of affairs when sexual offenders even have the freedom of a halfway house.

• KENK
    December 29, 2011 - 18:09

I can't believe what I'm reading. I saw Mr. McGrath on the news this evening and in my untrained opinion I can see that this man has severe mental issues. I don't think that there's a pill to cure his problem. What really confuses me is that if anyone is caught catching a salmon without a licence, wildlife officers have the authority to take your fishing pole, your boat, your car and slap a heavy fine on you. But a man can sexually assault our young innocent daughters and ruin their lives forever and he gets second chances and get double credit for time served? It is a sad world that we live in when the life of a fish or a moose is protected more than our children. God help you Mr McGrath if you ever come near someone in my family. Then this province will see my ideal of justice.

• Rob
    December 29, 2011 - 11:49

Child molesters should get no second chances ever. If you ever saw the movie Law Abiding Citizen that's what should happen to all child molesters. The police do their jobs and put this scum of society away but our joke of a court system keeps letting these people out. What's the point of having laws if we let these people walk the streets. Molest a child and in my opinion it should be a life sentence. As a society we are too lenient. Gotta start making examples of these dregs and get tougher laws in this country

• carol ann rogers
    December 29, 2011 - 08:46

If this person is supposed to stay away from children why is he living near Bannerman Park, and Day Break iust around the corner on Barns Rd.? That seems to be a bad choice of location for him to be living. Shouldn't the John Howard Society be better suited to over see his living arrangments than Stella Burry Center? They are the organization who have assisted ex-convicts since their begining. They would be inclined to think one step ahead and avoid situations where he could access the internet. The Stella Burry center does wonderful work with persons who are mentally chalenged. Convicts particularly molisters are manipulative that's how they do what they do and get away with it for so long. The monitoring of this individual needs to be by persons skilled in handling that type of deviant personality.

• Paul
    December 29, 2011 - 07:43

I'm all for rehabilitation in general but when it comes to child molestors who do not seem to want to 'get with the program', we need to give priority to public safety...lock him up while he gets his rehabilitation.. however, in NL prison there is no rehab and since his sentence was reduced from 4 to 1 year he would not have gone to the mainland for his sentence... and that's another thing...double credits ? that's nonsense. one for one is as good as anyone should get...

• WTF
    December 29, 2011 - 07:28

Who are they kidding. We all know he will either break his parole or re-offend so what are we waiting for, bring him to a veterinarian to be "fixed".