Comments

Comments

• William Daniels
    January 21, 2012 - 21:42

You mean Danny William's doesn't own something?

• Mindy
    January 21, 2012 - 17:38

I remember the old York Theater on Water Street just west of the woolworth's site on the opposite side of the street. I believe the Crescent was on Duckworth around or was the Majestic???

• sealcove
    January 21, 2012 - 15:41

Come on 6 stories is not a tower

• James
    January 21, 2012 - 13:57

Sheldon Too.....you seem to forget that we have an election coming up in 2013. We could end up with a whole new forward council. so blanket statements such as "will hardly see something new going there higher than that" may be true in 2012 but with any luck once the next election is over we could see a completely different outlook in St. John's

• George
    January 21, 2012 - 13:34

In Paragraph three it is either "significant" or it is "not significant". There is no such phrase as "VERY SIGNIFICANT".

• Joe
      January 23, 2012 - 04:41

Get a life....

• Sheldon Two
    January 21, 2012 - 12:28

Its great to see something like this coming downtown. It was really such an eye sore before. The Duder's Lane/Arch seems like a nice idea. Who really cares if its called a tower or whatever...for the downtown area might as well call it once since you will hardly ever see something new going there higher than that. Stop snuffin your noses at the little things! Nothing else to complain about? I find that hard to believe

• Territory of Labrador
    January 21, 2012 - 11:06

WoW, so six stories classifies as a tower in St. Johns these days. I am at a loss for words.

• John Smith
    January 21, 2012 - 08:58

I'd be smiling too if I had just suckered the tax payers of St. John's out of a cool ten million.

• Ian Lambert
    January 21, 2012 - 08:43

I'm has glad as the next that theer is new construction is the downtown but guys, let's stop calling six and 10-storey building office "towers". Thye are office buildings.

• Jack Badcock
    January 21, 2012 - 08:25

The Majestic Theatre on Duckworth St carried the Movies from the Star and was known as the BUG HOUSE and not the Cresent on Water St