- Developer John Lindsay at the former Woolworth's site on Water Street in St. John's. - Photo by Gary Hebbard/The Telegram
- The 1880 Insurance Plan of the City of St. John's by Chas Good of Montreal. - Courtesy City of St. John's Archives
- The East Port Properties building site. - Photo courtesy of the City of St. John's.
- Top of the page
- William Daniels
- - January 21, 2012 at 23:12:48
You mean Danny William's doesn't own something?
- - January 21, 2012 at 19:08:24
I remember the old York Theater on Water Street just west of the woolworth's site on the opposite side of the street. I believe the Crescent was on Duckworth around or was the Majestic???
- - January 21, 2012 at 17:11:11
Come on 6 stories is not a tower
- - January 21, 2012 at 15:27:39
Sheldon Too.....you seem to forget that we have an election coming up in 2013. We could end up with a whole new forward council. so blanket statements such as "will hardly see something new going there higher than that" may be true in 2012 but with any luck once the next election is over we could see a completely different outlook in St. John's
- - January 21, 2012 at 15:04:40
In Paragraph three it is either "significant" or it is "not significant". There is no such phrase as "VERY SIGNIFICANT".
- Sheldon Two
- - January 21, 2012 at 13:58:14
Its great to see something like this coming downtown. It was really such an eye sore before. The Duder's Lane/Arch seems like a nice idea. Who really cares if its called a tower or whatever...for the downtown area might as well call it once since you will hardly ever see something new going there higher than that. Stop snuffin your noses at the little things! Nothing else to complain about? I find that hard to believe
- Territory of Labrador
- - January 21, 2012 at 12:36:39
WoW, so six stories classifies as a tower in St. Johns these days. I am at a loss for words.
- John Smith
- - January 21, 2012 at 10:28:55
I'd be smiling too if I had just suckered the tax payers of St. John's out of a cool ten million.
- Ian Lambert
- - January 21, 2012 at 10:13:54
I'm has glad as the next that theer is new construction is the downtown but guys, let's stop calling six and 10-storey building office "towers". Thye are office buildings.
- Jack Badcock
- - January 21, 2012 at 09:55:14
The Majestic Theatre on Duckworth St carried the Movies from the Star and was known as the BUG HOUSE and not the Cresent on Water St