Comments

Comments

• Roy Brothers
    March 05, 2012 - 10:23

Being a retiree from General Motors here in Ontario, I cannot help but be disappointed in governments throughout Canada lack of concern for those who have paid into a health care system all their lives and when it comes down to needing MEDICAL ATTENTION are treated as second class. If it were not for the "Little man" paying premiums all these years, where would those in the health care system be today? They would either be under-employed or unemployed. Strange, how like all insurance systems, companies are quick to take premiums but to pay out dividends and services, they are dragging their collective feet.

• Roy Brothers
    March 05, 2012 - 10:21

• David
    March 04, 2012 - 19:14

For all those people who still have their smg superiority complex over the Americans because of our "wonderful, free, universal" health care system.....sober up. We'd be better off paying for private care than depending on politicians to ever even give a rat's pitutty.

• Jeff
    March 04, 2012 - 09:56

Its unimaginable to me and my family and friends that a womens surgery can be cancelled due to NO Anesthesiologists! There should be another on hand in cases like this, instead there is NO compassion from Eastern Health for a persons life. Shame On You Eastern Health!

• NL resident
    March 03, 2012 - 23:37

The Telegram's reporting is not always accurate, but if this statement is true and in context: "Eastern Health told The Telegram one of its anesthesiologists was unexpectedly unavailable Feb 27-March 2 and some elective surgeries were cancelled" -- then it should be worrisome to all of us that melanoma surgery is considered elective. Too many people assume it doesn't happen in NL, but it does. I've also had melanoma and have great empathy for Mrs. Buckingham.

• California Pete from NFLD
    March 03, 2012 - 12:01

What you running up there in NL it is a joke from the sound of it. I will take the US medical system any time. I will vote for Obama to get his Obama care over newfoundland care. I feel sorry for you all on the Rock

• Graham
    March 03, 2012 - 09:40

Yet Sullivan and Miss Vicki tell us all is great in health care...what a friggin joke.

• Claire
    March 03, 2012 - 08:44

Once again a perfect example of our illustrious health care system. I would hardly consider this lady's surgery elective. Seems to me it is lifesaving. My faith in health care in NL is non existent. A major overhaul is needed.

• jaydee
    March 03, 2012 - 07:59

I find this totally unacceptable. When I was diagnosed with breast cancer in may 2010, everything moved so fast I never had time to think of it. If my surgery had of been cancelled I could be dead now. My tumor was growing so fast. In a month it grew from 9 cm to 20 cm. So time is really of the essence. I hope Mrs Buckingham gets her surgery done pronto. Its bad enough to have cancer, let alone have to wait and wait for the necessary surgery. Good luck Mrs Buckingham.