Comments

Comments

• JAMES
    March 09, 2012 - 22:48

it amazes me that you people are pointing fingers at the harper government over all of this, but wasn't it the liberals who made all the cuts in the first place? and how about mp simms wasting tax dollars on a military flight for his own selfish needs. TYPICAL LIBERAL VOTERS ! whine whine whine.

• Lucy
    March 09, 2012 - 06:04

Infrared Camera

• Anon
    March 08, 2012 - 18:45

we can spend 35 billion dollars on fighter jets that don't even work properly but we can't get a dedicated search and rescue program for CANADIAN weather conditions? Give me a break. I'm waiting for the memo that says Burton couldn't get help because MacKay needed the helicopter to pick him up from another fishing trip.

• speedy
    March 08, 2012 - 15:06

Ok, we have to get this off the burner, there are too many people getting involved in protests. Lets see what we can come up with, ya thats right we will call back to see how the locals are doing. We may not have to get involved, we can still leave our planes on stand by, just in case, good.

• Donna
    March 08, 2012 - 15:03

A phone call from the military is supposed to be a solution. This, as we approach the 3rd anniversary, of the downed Cougar helicopter on March 12th., and this is supposed to be a solution. People you have had 3 years since the last major tragedy to fix this, I think it`s about time somebody got off their derriers and actualy did something about this. For shame! We had to lose another young life in Burton Winters dying far too young because of inadequate search & rescue. For shame Peter MacKay for even standing in the house of assembly and announcing this. It`s is a farce. Completely unacceptable. As per usual when it comes to search & rescue, I`m surprised SAR didn`t use the excuse that they were all on a training exercise. Oh I guess it is only 3 years since our last major tragedy, maybe they realized they couldn`t get away with that excuse any longer.

• Wanda
    March 08, 2012 - 14:56

MacKay should put a bag over his head in shame every time he speaks about Search and Rescue. This protocol is confusing to me; how is it going to help in emergency events, such as Burton Winters?

• Duffy
    March 08, 2012 - 14:29

"Hey guys excuse me for a minute while I call back the people that called us for help a few hours ago. While I call back order me another Martini and no I am not going anywhere." Thank You to the Volunteer Groups around our Province who do respond in all weather !