Comments

Comments

• McCadden
    March 27, 2012 - 13:08

When I was young, I heard that "immitation is a sincere form of flattery". Not so in this age of internet access to newspapers and blogs from all over the world. I hope this Jeffrey fellow is investigated and punished for his stupidity and lack of scruples. I edit university assignments for my nephews and can pick up right away where they have copied something off the internet. Believe me, they hear about it. Plagarism is the sign of a lazy writer with no original thoughts of his own.

• BILL smith
    March 27, 2012 - 12:56

You must be kidding , you should be flattered that anyone , outside kindergarden would copy or indeed quote you.....and what is even worst ,this paper gave you credit here ..

• Scott Young
    March 27, 2012 - 09:07

Not a lot of difference than what the Telegram did a few months ago-they used my photograph with their article and gave credit to one of their own staff.I pointed out the MISTAKE to them but they didn't even reply to my email.

• Ken Simmons
      March 27, 2012 - 09:58

The photo Mr. Young refers to ran with a story reprinted from The Advertiser in August 2011. I can't explain why his email went unanswered, but I can say the mistake would have been corrected the following day if we had known. As it stands, the following correction will appear in The Telegram Wednesday: A story that ran in The Telegram on page B1 on Aug. 23, 2011, headlined “Expedition may bring closure” was accompanied by a photograph that was inadvertently miscredited. The photo was taken from Killick Island in Botwood and showed the U.S. navy vessel Apache, whose crew was exploring the wreck of the flying boat Excalibur. The photograph was taken by Scott Young. The Telegram regrets the error.

• pointing out the obvious
      March 27, 2012 - 10:12

odd that you mention nothing about what photo or article but Ken knew immediately what you were referring to.

• Ken Simmons
      March 27, 2012 - 11:47

Hardly immediate, but through the wonders of our archive technology — and an email to Mr. Young — we were able to find the mistake and correct it.

• John Smith
    March 27, 2012 - 08:03

This guy must have been pretty desparate to steal Wangersky's tripe.

• Scott Free
      March 27, 2012 - 09:19

oh, John; that's rich, coming from you; a real parrot for Little Man Dan and the Dunderdale Bobbleheads, submiting your comments of support, verbatim from your daily propaganda sessions. Is this what they asked you to write today? Such a shame that we, the taxpayers, have to shoulder the burden of paid, Tory trolls like you.