Comments

Comments

• Claudette
    April 04, 2012 - 12:54

I am so glad to see that Barney got home safe and sound. I have 2 little Lhasa Apsos and if anything like that happened to my guys I would be heart broken. As for the j**k who made that cruel phone call to that family - SHAME on you and I truly hope the police are looking into that call and that they find out who you are. You deserve some form of punishment. Welcome home Barney. You have a wonderful family now that loves you, please do not run away again :)

• Charles
    April 03, 2012 - 12:07

Awesome story!

• deborah Halliday
      April 03, 2012 - 16:52

I am so Happy they have their beautiful dog back!! Our 8 yr old shih tzu passed away several weeks ago and our family has been devastated.They add so much to our lives!!! What a wonderful ending to the story.

• marie
    April 03, 2012 - 09:46

im so glad to hear that barney is found and that all is well with him i know what its like to lose a dog i now have 5 shih tzus and love them like they are my kids so happy for the family and also a big thank you to ken reid for finding him

• Kyla
    April 03, 2012 - 09:20

Bless your little heart Barney.

• Pam
    April 03, 2012 - 09:12

I am so so happy to hear of Barney's return to his family. I was so upset how someone could be so cruel as to play a sick joke on a faimily worried about their family pet. I have a young daughter and a dog as well, and I am filled with tears of joy on the safe return of your treasured dog.

• Ros
    April 03, 2012 - 08:45

so glad you have your dog home we lost ours last Dec was gone 21 days,so i know what its like our dog was seen all over town but no one could catch him. he found his way home with the help fr mount pearls dog pond saw him but could not catch him he was so afraid he wont come to us but after seen us he came the next day from kents in mount pearl to Cowan Heights lost 16lbs and hes a old dog 14 still going strong

• Kelly
    April 03, 2012 - 08:36

This brought tears to my eyes. Welcome back Barney. The family and the wonderful volunteers never gave up. Thank goodness for people like those volunteers and, of course, Ken Reid.

• Mike
    April 03, 2012 - 08:17

That is one tough pooch...beware the Shih Tzu!

• wayne
    April 03, 2012 - 07:51

a good news story for a change...It's great thatv the little dog survived and is home again.

• Kent
    April 03, 2012 - 06:31

Good to hear he's back home.

• Edna Knight
      April 03, 2012 - 09:31

What a wonderful moment when I heard the news he was found. I was out search ing all the time when I knew he was on the missing list. I was even hiking up Redmond Rd. on Saturday in the storm. And yes, Shih Tzus are tough little dogs (I know, I own 4). Never ever give up on your pet if he is missing. God bless you Barney.