Comments

Comments

• Brenda
    April 11, 2012 - 14:44

Beautiful pictures ! You have captured the personality of the cat much better than seing a kitty behind barslooking acared and depressed. I love the picture of Graham. I hope they all are adopted. We have a rescue dog who gives us nothing but joy and love. Please give these older cats a second chance at a forever home !

• Cyndi
    April 11, 2012 - 14:14

I've got 4 cats, right now, all adopted, as strays, and they are much easier to handle when you get them as adults, because you do know their personalites. I can't handle anymore at this time, but when the time comes I'll be back to the SPCA looking for another adult cat.... :)

• Peggy Dixon
    April 11, 2012 - 12:48

Good luck to all those animals - people tend to want the babies but the older ones can be wonderful pets too. Four years ago we adopted from the shelter a Mom cat and her kitten - the vet figures she was about 3 yrs old at the time and had been a starving stray....they are great pets and so grateful to have homes. We have another stray who showed up at the house as a young kitten and the three of them are part of the family now.

• PETER
    April 11, 2012 - 11:07

Good Job!!! I adopted a stray cat four years ago, quite by accident, and at first when it showed up in my shed one cold February I thought I didn't like cats. Although a stray and half starved to death and cold, I first set up a bed in the shed, put in warm food, milk and hot water bottles in the bed to keep it safe and warm, never wanting a cat. Now four years later that stray has her own bedroom, the run of the house, is a loving pet, and even gets along with my dog. Funny and wonderful to watch them play with each other and clean each other and even sleep together. Best thing I ever did was take in that stray cat.

• karen
      April 11, 2012 - 11:26

Peter you are a gem! i have similar story.....i thought i didn,t like cats...my stray is 17 yrs old :) & my best friend ever.

• leah
    April 11, 2012 - 10:56

I hope these cats get homes ,they deserve love and affection.I have 2 cats now ,one is 12 years old and other little over a year,it is real fun to see them together-although the older cat is not up to the year old ,s speed.With older cats they are more layed back and relaxed-they would make lovely pets-they are much easy to care for.Please advertise these animals regularily-this is a great way to find homes for them

• Mindy
    April 11, 2012 - 10:16

i hope all the older animals at the shelter have luck on Thursday finding homes. i have two cats of my own and they love me with no conditions. As far as the people who leave these animals behined there outta be a law to track them down and fine them. There must be forwarding addresses. Charge them for the shelter cost of boarding them. it is not cheap to own an animal, with the cost of litter, food, toys and health care it can certainly add up the dollar cost.

• Blaine
    April 11, 2012 - 09:39

I adopted an older cat and must say he is one of the best pets I have ever had! All they want is a good home and someone to love them. I hope they find homes for them!

• Yvette Butt
    April 11, 2012 - 07:46

Please keep advertising them and doing stories on animals....anything that can help....and please consider adopting an older animal....BLESSED IS HE WHO WINS THE LOVE OF AN OLD DOG (or cat)....... And for those who feel it necessary to abandon their pets....shame on you!!! One day you will pay.