Comments

Comments

• TruthAboutMold
    April 13, 2012 - 14:49

Mold can cause serious health problems. For accurate information about the health effects of mold, go to http://truthaboutmold.info and check out the Global Indoor Health Network at http://globalindoorhealthnetwork.com. Be sure to read GIHN's new position statement.

• Adding my experience...
    April 13, 2012 - 12:47

Whenever I have spent time in hospital, I notice that the cleaners consistently wash my room with the same washcloth they used while cleaning other rooms, including the toilets!! After I noticed this trend, I no longer allowed them to clean my tray. Just an observation of mine and thought I would pass it on. But I don't see the point of being alarmed by the story at hand re: the mold. It appears to have been dealt with in a timely manner.

• Joseph McGrath
    April 13, 2012 - 09:40

I would like to thank the Eastern Health Care Board for the good care I have received from time to time over the past year.I only hear of negative matters like this which in reality was corrected quickly.The Health board is doing a good job and deserves a word of thanks from time to time.We all look like a bunch of whiners,losers and bashers as we continue to read media stories like this.Time to get a life and enjoy it.!!!

• AGREE
    April 13, 2012 - 08:16

unfortunatly this does not surprise me. The workers in the hospital are overworked and understaffed. I currently have a relative in the hospital and the cleaning has disgusted me. I know there are cleaners but the hospital is a big place. I have been back and forth there for over a week and there have been 2 french fries dropped on the ground in the elevator for over a week. I realize the elevators are not as important as patient areas but this is just a sign. After watching the episode of market place a few weeks ago, now witnessing this and reading this story I believe there could be a lot more done to prevent the spread of germs in our hospitals. There are more people needed to help ensure a clean healthy enviroment.

• Taylor
      April 13, 2012 - 11:56

My father spent 10 days in the HSC in June, and I saw him several times a day. He was in a four bed room, and the cleaning staff were in at least once during every visit, the floors were washed daily and the garbage emptied twice. The washroom was also kept very clean. The problem was found, the air was tested and levels fell within the low risk zone, and the problem was taken care of-end of story. And Jaydee, were you bed bound? Do you change your bed at home every day????

• Terry
    April 13, 2012 - 08:09

At least they took care of the issue asap!! People just love to complain...

• H JEFFORD
    April 13, 2012 - 08:07

I have heard that the heat in schools is regulated by a Co. in the States, those Co. that make the heat thermostats like,Honeywell, I think that is why there is so much mould in the schools ? mould is caused by dampness. They may also regulate the heat in other public buildings

• jaydee
    April 13, 2012 - 07:34

I am not surprised that they found mould in the HSC. I spent 6 days there last sept and had to be kept in a private room because I couldn't be around anyone. Everyone had to wear gowns and masks when they came in my room. Not supposed to be exposed to germs. However the whole time I was there no one came to clean the room or change the bed. A bit disgusting I would say. At one time the floors would be done everyday and the beds would be changed every morning. Its absolutely disgraceful.