Comments

Comments

• Yvette Butt
    April 17, 2012 - 13:40

Your perfect home is out there Tom.....Congrats on the success of Meow Madness....keeping adoption and rescue in the media is a great way to bring attention to animals waiting their turn.....THANK YOU TELEGRAM.

• Cat Lover
    April 17, 2012 - 13:28

I wish I could adopt Major Tom...he looks beautiful !! However, I already have three cats at home...all strays that needed a home at different times. They all get along really well and I would not part with either of them. They all have different personalities and I love them all. Cats make such wonderful pets!! I hope the long term residents get adopted soon! Older cats are usually litter trained, mellow and make wonderful furry friends!!

• Chris
    April 17, 2012 - 10:51

Aww I thought for sure Major Tom would get a home. He's gorgeous and sounds great. I have a cat with the same temperament and he's a happy one-cat household cat. Gets along great with the dog (i.e., they ignore each other).

• Mr.Mom
    April 17, 2012 - 09:02

@ Ruth - Stop your whinning about caring for your pet. I am sure there are a lot of people in the same boat as you, I for one. The residence of St.John's ARE eligible for assistance in regards to having their pets spayed or neutered at this shelter which takes place certain times of the year but your annual income has to be at a certain amount. Do you expect the City of St.John's to foot the bill for you pets medical ? Sure.....lets all go and ask the City to take care of our vets bills. @ Marg - As I said earlier, the shelter does help with the spaying and neutering of some animals.....you have to show your income tax return to prove you are in a low income situation to be approved. If you are in a good situation with your income, I guess you can afford it yourself (and no offense, that statement is not directed towards you) Now Ruth on the other hand may be one of those people that can afford it but just chooses to whine about it.

• Ruth
    April 17, 2012 - 08:04

It' t oo bad that vets and vet hospitals are more buisness orientated than perhaps they should be. My rescue puppy has to go three times now for shots but when I had my last dog we went once, granted that was 16 years ago. Each time there is a $61 fee to take his temp and heart rate, 3 weeks apart this is. Next, the ridiculous cost of having him neutered as residents of St. John's are not eligible for assistance. For heavens sake, help us help these poor,, desparate souls!

• Wally
    April 17, 2012 - 07:41

This is Great to see, keep up the great work !!!!i have adopted 2 cats from there and they are so happy in their new home

• Marg
    April 17, 2012 - 07:28

Ohhhh, this is wonderful news. It's just too bad that there are not free services to have a pet spayed or neutered; then the population of unwanted helpless cats and dogs wouldn't be such a huge issue.