Fifteen CEOs from Newfoundland and Labrador companies have been named to Atlantic Business Magazine’s annual top CEOs list.
The magazine announced its top 50 outstanding CEOs for the year Wednesday night at its 14th annual gala in Halifax hosted by comedian Mark Critch.
The list isn’t a ranking — except for the CEO of the Year spot, which this year went to Henry Demone, president and CEO of High Liner Foods — but an alphabetical honour roll of the Atlantic provinces’ “most accomplished and civic-minded business leaders,” according to the magazine.
The CEOs of Newfoundland companies that made the list:
• Paul Antle, president and CEO of Pluto Investments;
• Cathy Bennett, CEO, Bennett Group of Companies;
• Ken Bennett, president of The Johnson Corporation
• Frank Coleman, president and CEO of Coleman Group of Companies/Humber Valley Paving;
• Keith Collins, president and CEO of St. John’s International Airport Authority;
• Nora Duke, president and CEO of Fortis Properties Corporation;
• Greer Hunt, president of Hunt’s Transport Ltd./Hunt’s Kuka Transport;
• Capt. Sidney Hynes, executive chairman of Oceanex;
• Vickie Kaminski, president and CEO of Eastern Regional Health Authority;
• Jamie King, president and CEO of Verafin Inc.;
• Earl Ludlow, president and CEO of Newfoundland Power;
• Charles Randell, president and CEO of C-Core;
• Anne Squires, CEO and franchisee of Exit Realty on the Rock;
• Ed Stratton, CEO of Big Erics and Terra Nova Foods;
• Ann Whelan, president of Whelan Capital.
In addition, Joe Randell, president and CEO of Jazz Aviation, is from Corner Brook.