An early morning house fire in Gillams, near Corner Brook, completely destroyed the home, the RCMP says.
The likely cause of the fire was electrical, RCMP investigators have determined.
The Investigator located old, faulty wiring that had arched out, causing a spark which ignited the surrounding wooden structure.
When Corner Brook RCMP arrived on scene, the single-family bungalow was engulfed in flames.
The house was unoccupied, and the owners are currently out of the province.
There were no injuries reported.
It is unknown whether or not the house was insured.