Comments

Comments

• amy
    June 05, 2012 - 12:53

oh my god, all of this for a stupid comment that jacob(known for this) made. If I was as closed minded as kayla, I could write a blog about my many encounters with mr jacob hoggard. This is just the way he is, and if she was a "hardcore"fan, she would know that and not take it seriously. By the way, if he took the time to write an apology, it is important to him. all of the people criticizing jake are forgetting that he is 100% normal, down to earth and really nice if you get to know him(I have met them 8 times). hedley are known for going above and beyond for their fans, that is why they are so popular, all because of jacob, he loves meeting people and having fun(just like most of us)

• WOW
    June 05, 2012 - 12:30

Are you kidding me?? Wow... Front pag of the Telegram!!! I find it funny how they do not point out in this storry that she was standing up in a bar downtown poking at him constantly for a few minutes... Not that it makes his statement any better but really, WHO CARES... How many of you have been downtown and had some drunken idiot say something stupid and idiotic to you... Or how many of you have done it yourself!! Just because he is in a band does not mean that he is any different than anyone else!! I hope next time some drunken idiot downtown says something snotty to another drunken idiot downtown that that also makes front page of the Telegram. GET OVER IT!!!

• Whaddaya At ?
    June 04, 2012 - 06:40

Do any of you Hedley fans think, for one minute, that Hoggard would have apologized to the girl he referred to as a midget, if his insulting comments hadn't been made public ?. Do any of you think, for one minute, that he doesn't have a habit of making similar comments to other people ?. His belated apology doesn't mean squat and he needs to admit, publicly, that he's a chronic, insensitive tool who needs sensitivity training.

• Kayla
    June 02, 2012 - 10:28

Could you possibly blow this out of proportion anymore? We ask way too much of our rockstars/idols, these people are human. And have bad days just like the rest of us. And make mistakes like the rest of us. For christ sake just let it go!!

• Nokia
    June 02, 2012 - 04:34

Ahhh, get over it! He apologized, what more do you want? Yes...it was wrong, If I was a small person, I would be happy that he pointed me out! I wouldn't take it to heart. It gave you fame for a bit! I wouldn't take it to heart. What's suing going to do? Suing serves no purpose for anything in life. You get money. Money doesn't buy everything! And if Jacob Hoggard poured a bottle of water over me, I would be happy that I was the one he chose. (again, fame) It's 2012 people, get with the program. If you don't like him, don't go to his concert.

• OMY
    June 01, 2012 - 23:29

I think that this big story didn't need to make the front page of the Telegram with everything else going on in the world these days!. I mean he shouldn't have said it, if he did actually say it,come on people obviously it was a joke which was taken way too seriously, get over it we have all said things we didnt mean before out of context. He doesn't owe her anything, just because he is a big star this didn't need to be taken so far as all of NL knowing about it. I still look at the band and Jacob Hoggard the same way, I hear they done an awesome job at the concert!!

• Alex
    June 01, 2012 - 20:42

All this story is doing is wrecking Jakes reputation. Grow up and accept the apology. He means it, and wants to make it better. This whole thing is such a joke.

• HockeyFanNL
      June 02, 2012 - 08:41

His reputation was wrecked long before this because there have been numerous incidences before this one believe me.

• HockeyFanNL
      June 02, 2012 - 08:45

The only person wrecking Hoggard's reputation is Jacob himself because there have been numerous incidences similiar to this one long before this came out. Kayla is the only one with the guts to speak publicly about it that's all.

• Joseph McGrath
    June 01, 2012 - 18:52

"A stiff apology is a second insult... The injured party does not want to be compensated because he has been wronged; he wants to be healed because he has been hurt." Gilbert K. Chesterton .IMHO It would be wise for the girl to Ignore him and his offerings!!

• Whaddaya At ?
    June 01, 2012 - 18:15

Hey, NEVERMIND: Hoggard's so- called ' apology ' doesn't mean squat. He's a tatooed, twitchy,- jump- around screamer who appeals to young teenagers. He didn't give a damn about calling that fan a ' midget ' and only offered his 'apology ' to protect his image and on the advise of his PR people.

• EZ WAy OUt
    June 01, 2012 - 16:16

Looks like Hedley just wants to buy her off so she will not go national with the issue and have him plasterd all over the mainlaind news for being a hateful drunken fool or she will not sue him for harrasment or something.

• Dave
    June 01, 2012 - 14:27

I think, in fairness, the apology and trip should be accepted. At first I didn't but thinking about it, he at the very least apologized. I believe most won't considering their status.Secondly he offered a free flight for two to see one of his concerts on the mainland. He certainly did not have to do that. he could have apologized and moved on. I'd bet he may even take time at this free concernt to spend with Kayla. Ya he was probably drunk and acted like a dirt bag but at least he apologized....my 2 cents..

• Michael
    June 01, 2012 - 13:41

"May" have made? Either he made it or didn't... and I'm sure he knows. Unless he was too inebriated to remember?

• Telegram Reader
    June 01, 2012 - 13:08

“Our fans are our No. 1 priority,” Hoggard said in a statement on Hedley’s Facebook page. “This is why it saddens me to hear a comment I may have made in St. John’s was hurtful to one of you, and for that I am sorry.” The Key word here is "MAY"! He is saddened to hear a comment I "may" have made. Forgive and forget the comment.....but don't take the offer to see him again in concert. It's done and over with.

• Snowbird
    June 01, 2012 - 12:48

Who's Headley?

• maggie
    June 01, 2012 - 12:23

Dear Reader's. I just wanted to say that I done the samething last week at the same club,yes i had spoken out off turn and turn to this guy next to meet and said the same words,little did i know this guy next to me was this guys best friend and here the guy took my hand and said Miss I have to corret you and I said what..It;s little people and you know what I knew he was right and yes I am sorry for that and believe me from here on I will remember...LITTLE PEOPLE.. So you people out there move on and let this guy Hedley move on,maybe he was just like me not knowning the differents.. people do make mistakes..

• Pitch
    June 01, 2012 - 11:39

And wow, Hedley's production manager apologized as well for Hedly pouring a bottle of water over one of the security people's head during the performance. The security are there for the safety of the crowd so that things don't get out of hand. While doing just that, Hedley just poured a bottle of water over the security person because he wanted them closer ? Hmm, seems this entertainer needs better managers and better manners. Not good for his image for sure.

• Brenda
    June 01, 2012 - 11:31

I don't believe his comment is sincere; he's trying to save face after being caught. I certainly wouldn't attend his "free" concert offer and my reply to his apology would be "No Comment".

• Brad
    June 01, 2012 - 11:21

You know music is in trouble when the lead singer is a Canadian Idol reject sells out Mile One. They are only marignally better than Nickelback...

• Miranda
      June 01, 2012 - 23:52

Jacob isn't an Idol "reject", he dropped out of the show when he made it to third place, because the only reason he even auditioned was through a dare from friends.

• Mindy
    June 01, 2012 - 11:11

I agree with Blair -- I would take accept the apology but not the concert offer.That would be the moral thing to do...do not take the bonus round.

• John Smith
    June 01, 2012 - 11:09

Vancouver bar band comes to NL and plays at mile one...what a joke...

• Robert
    June 01, 2012 - 10:55

Sounds like job security for Neil Young! This guy is the very essence of a bully! Send him packing; the entertainment business should not tolerate this kind of attitude! The apology and 'generous' offer are insults to injury!

• Blair
    June 01, 2012 - 10:34

If the young lady is sincere about having her feelings hurt, and I am sure she is, the comment was out of line, she should now accept the apology but not the concert offer. That would be taking the highroad of moral standard.

• Whaddaya At ?
    June 01, 2012 - 10:26

Referring to one of his fans who is 4'7", as a ' midget ', gives an insight into the mind of Hoggard, a former apprentice carpenter who was kicked out of high school for setting his desk on fire. It's the little people like that fan he made fun of, that he can thank for being where he is today. He didn't even admit to actually making the comment , referring to it as a comment that he ' may ' have made.

• Skipper
    June 01, 2012 - 10:26

Non-pology

• Nevermind
    June 01, 2012 - 10:23

How do you know his apology ISN'T sincere??? Just because he is a celebrity that doesn't make him immune to feelings you know. We all say and do things that we regret and I'm sure if someone took a look at your life there would be some things you could apologize for over your lifetime. I'm not excusing what he said... I think it was a disgusting behavior, but now he is owning it and trying to make it right. Afterall he is HUMAN. He could have just done a public apology like he did and that would have been enough in my eyes... but he's actually going to fly not only her, but a guest out to a show to personally apologize. My hats off to him for owning and trying to make it right with Kayla. Maybe we could all learn a lesson here.

• John Smith
    June 01, 2012 - 10:12

Mr.Skeptic,Hedley are a media created,radio friendly pop band whose fans are young girls between the ages of 6-15. Hog Gard's public relation's department certainly rushed in on this situation to try and calm everyone down so that they can keep taking young kid's pocket money for songs and concerts.

• Skeptical Cynic.
    June 01, 2012 - 09:53

Hedley? Never heard of'em.

• unknown
    June 01, 2012 - 09:43

It's amazing that as soon as a celebrity gets a bad rep they try to make things up but to me there is no excuse for what he did wrong. I don't think I would be able to go see him since the apology isn't sincere.

• Jackie
      June 01, 2012 - 10:56

How do you know the apology isn't sincere. It seems sincere to me.