- Top of the page
- - June 7, 2012 at 12:34:16
IF TIM HORTONS MADE 28 DOLLARS A HOUR, IM SURE THERE WOULD BE A LOT OF PEOPLE WITHOUT STUDENT DEBT! VICKI KIMINISKI ONLY SAID THAT TO THE MEDIA TO DRAW THE ATTENTION TO THAT THAN WHAT THE REAL PROBLEM IS. MISS-MANAGEMENT! MAYBE SHE SHOULD GO ON THE MEDIA AND TELL US ALL HOW MUCH SHE MAKES RATHER THAN 28.00/HR TO POUR A 1.94 COFFEE!
- - June 7, 2012 at 12:13:23
I am an LPN and there are days that myself and my colleagues are working short because sick calls aren't covered and we don't have the manpower to get all of our patients washed. Yet, we have 4 or 5 managers...some of whose names we don't even know, who sit in their offices all day long making the biggest kind of money. Yet, they will never be on the chopping block when the govt. starts looking at saving money. Less LPN hours means sicker patients; more bedsores, less care. But as for management...lets just say you could fire half those yahoos and nobody would even know they're gone.
- - June 7, 2012 at 09:41:50
when you add in the OT and tips it brings up the wages
- Lu Lu
- - June 7, 2012 at 07:58:24
@ MUDDERL --Get your facts straight!!! Everybody knows now that the Tim's staff are NOT making $28 an hour !! Anyone can check the Nape contracts on-line to see what all positions are making and hour..that is if you are not too busy being mislead by a particular female who is playing politics!
- HSC TIM HORTON'S WORER
- - June 6, 2012 at 23:44:33
1. We do not make $28 an hour.....What we make is none of your business....and should never have been made public. 2. We are not "losing" our jobs...in fact, we will be found, or "created" new jobs of equal or higher paying jobs within the organization. 3. We did not waste the millions of dollars taxpayer (which by the way, I AM) dollars, gross miss-management did. It has been happening , un-checked for years and it cannot be blamed on the employee. OPEN YOUR EYES JOE PUBLIC!!!!! OUR HEALTHCARE SYSTEM IS IN TROUBLE!!! IF WE ALLOW ONE DEPARTMENT IN THE HOSPITAL TO BE PRIVATIZED....WHERE WILL IT END????!!! THIS IS NOT ABOUT TIM HORTONS WAGES !!!!!! LOOOK AT THE BIG PICTURE!!!!
- what the heck
- - June 6, 2012 at 21:45:46
Mudderl, Do you not understand that the workers are NOT GETTING $28/HR. The great Vikki opened her big mouth in error. They only get $ 17 - 19/HR. When we look at our pay check it is less than a $10/hr job. Last month there was 31 days in may I only got to work 15 days, but still I was availabe to work everyday and never gat a call. I can't get another job because Eastern Health demands you be availabe 24 hrs a day for them. We have family to feed and bills to pay a well
- - June 6, 2012 at 21:18:17
They are not making $28. That was put out to keep people from looking at the real picture of what is being cut back here.
- Keep protesting
- - June 6, 2012 at 20:15:00
@ MUDDERL - How simple it is for you! When services are cut it means there are less staff to provide the services. You and others will have to wait longer to get services, not coffee.
- - June 6, 2012 at 19:05:05
you do know its not just tim hortons staff right? and as for them knowing that they were being overpayed wouldnt you take the money wouldnt anybody
- - June 6, 2012 at 16:19:30
Sorry, I don't really feel bad for someone getting paid 28 bucks an hour working at a Tims. Obviously, they must have known that was messed up to. How can they complain of cutback with extravagent wages like that for a job that anyone can do getting paid at 10 bucks an hour? I feel for those losing their jobs, but obviously, something has to be done to cut back.