Dr. Heather Hillier, the veterinarian for the City of St. John’s, is based at the Humane Services shelter on Higgin’s Line. Hillier is this week's 20 Questions feature subject. — Photos by Barb Sweet/The Telegram
Argentia could become the hub of a new wave of oil development, thanks to Husky Energy's White Rose Extension project. The company is weighing options for they project. Read Ashley Fitzpatrick's report on the project, and its potential impact on the province in The Weekend edition of The Telegram.
Stay connected to The Telegram online for breaking news and regular updates, but for the best, most in-depth coverage of everything affecting the people of Newfoundland and Labrador, grab the paper.
• Also on our front page, court reporter Rosie Gillingham speaks with Leo Crockwell's friend and neighbour, Chris Ryan.
• On A8, some parents are worried about the province's chicken pox vaccine in the face of a minor outbreak in St. John's.
• Columnist Pam Frampton takes a look at Ottawa's magical Conservative government. Turn to page A17.
• Sports editor Robin Short kicks off the St. John's IceCaps second year with a look back at the first year, with chief operating officer Glenn Stanford and team CEO Danny Williams.
• Is Kruger in danger of declaring bankruptcy? Natural Resources Jerome Kennedy seems to think so, as you can read in our Business section, beginning on page C1.
• Meet St. John's veterinarian Heather Hillier in our weekly 20 Questions feature on page D2.
• Catch the Wizard of Kaos in the Weekend Arts E section; food wine and other leisurely pursuits in our F pages; cars. columns and Click and Clack in the Drive section, and classifieds, careers and more.