Sending out a Signal
- Robin Martin, visitor experience product development officer at Signal Hill, fires gunpowder earlier this week. — Photo by Steve Bartlett/The Telegram
- Robin Martin loads shells into a Snider Enfield .577 rifle, which was in service from 1867 to 1901. A weapons of warfare program, which introduces visitors to period armaments, is being offered this summer. — Photo by Steve Bartlett/The Telegram
- Cabot Tower will be just one part of the Signal Hill experience, if Parks Canada’s plan works out. — Photo by Steve Bartlett/The Telegram
- A nice place for a picnic? Parks Canada thinks so, and a new café is offering picnic lunches. — Photo by Steve Bartlett/The Telegram
- Top of the page
- Free Newfoundland
- - June 14, 2012 at 16:51:36
War should be decalred for real! (uh oh, better not have said that, cause now they are going to spy on me).
- - June 14, 2012 at 11:33:07
What a great idea. The historical significance and natural beauty of the area makes it a ideal place to spend some time . Much better idea than building more houses in the area. Hopefully our summer weather will cooperate to provide maximum enjoyment. See you on the hill!!