Comments

Comments

• AN
    June 29, 2012 - 11:42

Well known in sporting community? Says whom? Have not heard of the him. Reads like comments are same person.

• willow
    June 27, 2012 - 12:54

Bravo Mr. Nippard. You kept your cool as much as you could in this circumstance. Why that perv was not charged with stalking is beyond me. Especially since the girls could identify him. There's wolves on every corner it seems. Mount Pearl seems to have a fair share looking at the headlines. I am truly scared for our children when Justice equals a slap on the wrist for the most appalling crimes against them.

• Gerry
    June 27, 2012 - 10:08

Let's see, Mr. Nippard 12 year old daughter was being stalked. Mr Nippard took action.... 'Mr. Nippard presented his evidence in a condescending and arrogant tone, and on cross examination was confrontational, combative and unwilling to respond directly to a number of questions asked of him'...wrote the judge. JesusMary&Joseph, I wonder why; if any of y young daughters were being stalked, terrorized, I fear what I might have done if I got the perp. I would probably do hard time while the perp got a slap on the wrist or suspended sentence....and those so-called 'experts & educated' folks elected- assigned to authortive postions wonder why the majority of the populace, the common Joe & Jane Slob have no faith in the government & justice system anymore....

• AR
    June 27, 2012 - 08:37

Mr. Nippard's manner and tone of voice were not on trial here and the judge's personal opinion that Mr. Nippard was condescending when presenting his evidence is irrelevant. The judge also didn't like Mr. Nippard's demeanor ?. So what ?. Mr. Nippard was found not guilty on all charges and his manner, tone of voice and demeanor are his own business and have no place in a judge's written judgment.

• Mary
    June 27, 2012 - 07:29

Congrats on your acquittal. We have to always protect our children sadly though the quilty often get off to repeat the same again. I know we can't take the law in our own hands but I would have tried to hold him until police arrived as well. Our children needs protecting from the scum around today, they are so innocent and wolves are around every corner it seems. I'm happy with this decision.

• Jimmy