Comments

Comments

• Jennifer M
    July 01, 2012 - 11:13

Erin was a joy to watch on the volleyball courts. An amazing athlete and a true team leader. There was no challenge this girl wouldn't tackle head-on. She excelled at everything she put her mind to. She inspires me to become a better athlete and better person. This team is a great bunch of girls and it's an honor to be aquainted with some of them. My heart goes out to them, and to Erin's family, as they litererally lost their best friend, with no warning and no opportunity to say good bye. The funeral was a lovely tribute to Erin. The speakers were so courageous in what was probably the most heartbreaking hour of their life. Probably the toughest hour of my life too, and for many of the 400 people who were there. Accidents are a sad part of life. I don't think any less of Erin or the minivan driver. There will be plenty of time to analyze what happened and try to learn from it - but that comes later. Now, the focus needs to be on love, grieving, and healing.

• Marlene Harris
    June 30, 2012 - 21:06

I cannot believe i just read this comment. I am so sorry for the loss of this young girl and what her family must be going through. But MALLRAT how can you think one life is anymore important than the next person. Any death is a tragedy whether you are a SKEET or not. Every person is someone's child and to even make that comment is cold and callus. In my opinion every person in this world has faults and no one is perfect and a Skeet should be no less than a volleyball captain or queen of england.

• Doreen
    June 30, 2012 - 20:11

Picture caption - knocked down by a vehicle on Thorburn Rd. - I understood that Ms. Bursey ran into the vehicle while crossing the road. Unfortunately, an innocent driver became involved in what can be termed a "real" accident. Ms. Bursey was a wonderful person and mentor to many. Condolences to her family and friends and may she rest in peace. My sympathies, thoughts and prayers to the driver of the mini van as well.

• Dawn
      July 02, 2012 - 07:15

This is a tragic loss, This young woman had so much to offer, an example to so many, and such a "smart and sensible" person. I hope her family gets the closure they deserve when the "Truth" of what actually happened finally comes out, whatever it may be, instead of all the assumptions based on heresay stories, I did not see any official report saying "she ran into a vehicle", while crossing the road. And until the "official" investigation has been completed there is no innocent or at fault person.

• Don
    June 30, 2012 - 20:01

A talented young life taken from this earth much to early. It's a shame because she had so much to offer. My condolences go out to her family and team mates.

• MallRat
    June 30, 2012 - 17:13

I know the families of other road vehicle accidents will not agree..... However; These tragedies are much more senseless, unexplainable, faith challenging, when they happen to a young person who potentially had So Much to offer this world. When it happens to a skeet, the tragedy largely goes unnoticed after a day or two,, but when it happens to a difference maker it grips the community...... You gripped the community honey, Rest In Peace!

• Rosa
      June 30, 2012 - 23:16

Granted the death of this beautiful, talented young girl, who had so much energy and potential to offer the world is heartbreaking, I have to say to MallRat, that even a "skeet" . to quote you, has loved ones who would mourn. My condolences to Erin's family, friends and teamates. She is now a bright, shining star, looking down from above.