Dragons in Paradise
- Emily Martin (left) and Saline Wilkie of the Technip crew show their intensity as they participate with members of the Avalon Dragons during the “Paddle for Pink” flowers on the water ceremony.
- Members of the Avalon Dragons sit in their dragon boat during the flowers on the water ceremony Saturday afternoon at Octagon Pond. Paddle in Paradise was held as a fundraiser for the Paradise based Avalon Dragons, a group of local breast cancer survivors who use dragon boat racing as a way to exercise and boost morale. — Photos by Joe Gibbons/The Telegram
- Drummer Milena Orchard-Hynes of the Breath of Fire Yogis crew keeps the beat as her teammates race along Octagon Pond.
- Mike Beck, a lifeguard with the City of St. John's, hams it up for the camera prior to his team's dragon boat race at Octagon Pond Saturday afternoon as part of Paddle in Paradise.
- Chinese dancer Tzu Hao Hsu uses a silk-like material as she performs a tradition dragon boat race dance — entitled “Water Sleeves” — Saturday afternoon in the Avalon Dragons Paddle in Paradise fundraiser.
- Paradise Mayor Ralph Wiseman sports his best pink look prior to his dragon boat race with teammate Janis Swantee of the Mighty Municipal Dragons at Octagon Pond on Saturday morning.
- One of the dragon heads attached to the bow of a dragon boat.
- Top of the page