Weather – Check. Winds - Check. The annual Royal St. John’s Regatta is a go, so some of you lucky people turn over and go back to sleep. Keep an eye on The Telegram for full coverage of the Regatta, from races and records to popcorn and plush toys. See it online today and in Thursday’s print edtion of The Telegram
The Telegram website offers only a sample of the stories our reporters, editors and photographers work hard to get to the public each week.
Wednesday’s print edition of The Telegram, on the other hand, contains much, much more, from news, sports and entertainment to our weekly expanded business section.
In today’s print edition:
• The legal fallout from the recent labour dispute at the Vale construction site in Long Harbour wound up in Supreme Court Tuesday.
• Read the Biz Bio focus on local businesses, this week featuring baby boutique Coo Chi Coo.
• Columnist Peter Jackson casts a critical eye on Conrad Black’s latest scribblings, wherein the former print tycoon delves deep into his vocabulary of literary insults to belittle a random critic and — while he’s at it — anyone and everyone who’s ever been mean to him.
• Read about a bottle of sparkling wine that gave one buyer more bang for his buck than he was expecting. David Gonin bought two bottles of sparkly recently for entertaining friends. When one of them exploded he was concerned; when the second detonated, he was alarmed enough to go public about it. We have an interview with him and his opinion in the form of a Letter to the Editor.
• Video game developer Colin Walsh needed money to go ahead with his next project. So he went to Kickstart.com to get backers. He asked for $50,000 but ended up with more than he bargained for. The Telegram caught up with Walsh to find out how the new game was going;
• Columnist Paul Sparkes opens another Time Capsule, this time casting an eye on the Royal Readers of yesteryear.
Remember, for updates and the latest Breaking News, check www.thetelegram.com. For the full picture, pick up a copy, subscribe to the print edition, sign up for the SmartEdition or download The Telegram app.