Health Minister Susan Sullivan comments on the firing of a Western Health employee accused of improperly accessing health records of more than 1,000 people.— Photo by Gary Hebbard/The Telegram
A week after Eastern Heath went public with a privacy breach, Western Health announced it had fired one person for inappropriately accessing more than 1,000 patient files. Complaints were received in May and a clerk was fired July 31. As in the case at Eastern Health, criminal charges will not be pursued.
The Telegram website offers only a sample of the stories our reporters, editors and photographers work hard to get to the public each week.
Thursday’s print edition of The Telegram, on the other hand, contains much, much more, from news, sports and entertainment to our weekly Go Guide calendar of events.
In today’s print edition:
• Are they crying wolf or is it a coyote in wolf’s clothing? Speculation about whether wolves are back on the island of Newfoundland continue. First it was a web video showing an animal that looks more wolf-like than coyote-like. Now a Corner Brook many has photographs of canine prints that he thinks could be from a wolf. The director of wildlife for the province has a different view.
• Thursday’s print edition also includes the weekly En francais feature for our Francophone readers.
• At MUN this week, there’s a look at Memorial’s major reunion and columnist Andy Veilleux explores university economics 101.
• Look for more sights, analysis and behind -the-scenes stories from the 194th running of the Royal St. John’s Regatta.
• Columnist John Gushue hands out some medals for the latest crop of Olympics-related Apps in his Surf’s Up column.
Remember, for updates and the latest Breaking News, check www.thetelegram.com. For the full picture, pick up a copy, subscribe to the print edition, sign up for the SmartEdition or download The Telegram app.