On the front page of today’s Telegram, St. John’s City Council will vote tonight on whether to move ahead with a plan to replace the Wedgewood Park community centre.
Coun. Frank Galgay said the new centre — which could cost between $31 million and $35 million is badly needed in the area.
The Telegram website offers only a sample of the stories our reporters, editors and photographers work hard to get to the public every day.
Monday’s print edition of The Telegram, on the other hand, contains much, much more, from news to opinion to our expanded Monday Sports section.
Inside Monday’s print edition:
• Beautiful weather meant record numbers at the annual Newfoundland and Labrador Folk Festival in Bannerman Park. We have a story and photo feature from this year’s event.
• Actor and comedian Shaun Majumder is heading back home to Burlington to host The Gathering, a major outdoor kitchen party and celebration of music, friends and rural Newfoundland starting Aug. 24.
• On the editorial page it’s time for the weekly edition of Cheers & Jeers, where we distribute a few bouquets and brickbats to deserving recipients.
• In the Arts& Entertainment section, read about the annual chamber music event, the Tuckamore Music Festival, which kicks off today.
• In Sports, the St. John’s Caps swept the opening games of the Molson provincial senior baseball final to take a three-game lead over the Corner Brook Barons. Game 4 is set for Saturday in Corner Brook.
Remember, for updates and the latest Breaking News, check www.thetelegram.com. For the full picture, pick up a copy, subscribe to the print edition, sign up for the SmartEdition or download The Telegram app.