No injuries, no damage says fire dept superintendent
— Photo by Ashley Fitzpatrick
The smell is what led a staff member at Sobey's on Kelsey Drive to call 911.
A "faulty unit," an oven, inside the store was the cause, according to St, John's Regional Fire Department superintendent Don Byrne.
The fire department responded to the call, made at about 8:30 a.m. this morning.
No one was injured and there was no damage to the building.
Employees had evacuated the store, but were re-entering shortly thereafter as, within minutes, the problem was identified.
Power to the faulty unit was cut off and there is someone on the way to deal with the problem, Byrne said.