Reports of armed robberies seem to be appearing more often in the province and suspects are not in it just for the money, but for other items, such as pills.
How does the problem compare here to other provinces, and how can it best be combatted?
Check out the story on the front page of today’s print edition of The Telegram.
Also on the front page: Landlords are getting more picky when it comes to who can rent their units. It’s not just “no smokers” or “no pets” anymore.
Check out this interesting story in the print edition.
The Telegram website offers only a sample of the stories our reporters, editors and photographers work hard to get to the public every day.Today’s print edition of The Telegram contains much more, from news and detailed sports, to opinion pieces and an expanded A&E section.Inside today’s print edition:
• On page A2, Elijah Porter, 10, of Paradise is presented with a new bike from Tim Hortons.
• On page A3, more details on the theft of dynamite in the St. John’s area.
• Also on page A3, a warning about ATV use.
• In the business section that starts on page D1, an update on the latest Marine Atlantic ferry troubles.
• Our sports section is the go-to place for your local sports coverage, with key national and international sports stories, as well.
Remember, for updates and the latest Breaking News, check www.thetelegram.com.