Comments

Comments

• Also a Bell Islander
    August 31, 2012 - 21:42

" If these people were really punished for their first crime, maybe they would hesitate before doing it again" Bell Islander I must agree 100% with this statement! It is unfair to the other citizens of this province that the worst of the criminals be set free and the ones who did little to no crime are the ones being locked away! whats next? getting away with murder?!

• willy
    August 31, 2012 - 18:05

I don't think drugs or alcohol makes that much difference with these two if your an idiot your an idiot. There are lots of hard working honest people who take drugs and alcohol. No judge will take pity in these two recidivists, they will get some good time for this one.

• Concerned former Citizen
    August 31, 2012 - 09:35

It's terribly sad to check the news and always see more and more issues surrounding my home town. I have nothing but fond memories and don't recall any of this foolishness happening while I grew up there. I also know how small towns like to gossip and you can be sure that the majority of residents know who these people are. I'm of the belief that it's the same handful of people creating all the fuss on the Island and I think it's high time that the justice system actually do something to these clowns...seriously if not for the safety of the general law abiding members of the public on the island then for sake of these youn thugs. Sooner or later people are going to have enough and someone's going to be hurt or worse and then it's going to be the poor individual who stood up for themselves that gets in deep water.

• Bellislander
    August 31, 2012 - 05:59

Can someone please tell me why is it that everytime someone gets arrested for committing a crime, the headline on the news always seems to end with "BREACH OF PROBATION"? If these people were really punished for their first crime, maybe they would hesitate before doing it again! It's time for the law to be re-written for these thugs. A slap on the wrist isn't enough!

• Jack
    August 30, 2012 - 21:24

These are the people the RCMP and RNC should be going after, not a Glovertown man, Colin Oram, whom defended his property from bears or a 25 year old disabled Corner Brook man whom was charged with driving without a license for driving an e-bike, which are considered "bicycles" under Newfoundland and Labrador law.

• darls
    August 30, 2012 - 18:57

just put these idiots in jail where they belong...but i guess when they get to court it will be all the fault of their up bringing...or addiction to something and some bleeding heart judge will take pity on them and give them a slap on the hand....man does our justice system need an over haul...cheers