The Japanese beetle has arrived on the island portion of the province and will rapidly multiply and endanger lawns, trees and shrubs, says Landscape Newfoundland and Labrador.
With the pesticide ban, the industry says it has no way to fight the bug.
Check out this story on the front page of today’s print edition of The Telegram.
Also on today’s front page:
Finding bar prices hard to swallow? Get the latest on bar prices on George Street in St. John’s.
The Telegram website offers only a sample of the stories our reporters, editors and photographers work hard to get to the public every day.Today’s print edition of The Telegram contains much more, from news and detailed sports, to opinion pieces and an expanded A&E section
Some of what is inside today’s print edition:
• The latest from the courts on page A3.
• A Liberal MHA encourages the provincial government to keep promises regarding personal care homes in the province.
• On page A4, a RCMP motorcycle photo spread.•
On page A5, Environment Canada is telling Canadians to expect more hurricane activity this year than last.
• On business that starts on page D1, Newfoundland and Labrador job postings up in July.
• Our sports section is the go-to place for your local sports coverage, with key national and international sports stories, as well.
Remember, for updates and the latest Breaking News, check www.thetelegram.com.
For the full picture, pick up a copy, subscribe to the print edition, sign up for the SmartEdition or download The Telegram app.