Victims of a Thursday afternoon melee on Bell Island were calling Friday for two local men accused of assaults and damaging property to be banned from living there.
The victims speak up in what was a frightening series of events.
Check out this story in The Weekend Telegram’s print edition today.
Also on the front page:
The results of our online poll on who readers would like to see in Government House, as the province’s next lieutenant-governor.
The Telegram website offers only a sample of the stories our reporters, editors and photographers work hard to get to the public every day.
Today’s print edition of The Weekend Telegram contains much more, from news and detailed sports, to opinion pieces and an expanded A&E section.
Some of what is inside today’s print edition:
• On page A3, Liberal MHA Randy Edmunds says his Northern Labrador constituents are sick of seeing repeat criminals get an easy ride from the justice system.
• On page A4, an accomplished and respected RNC officer leaves the force for a new career.
• On page A15, jackhammering through baked lava proved an early challenge for workers at the new Manuels River Interpretation Centre.
• On page A17, It’s one of the greatest goals in hockey history, and Bob Cole called it on radio. It’s the 40th anniversary of the 1972 Summit Series between Canada and Russia.
• Our sports section is the go-to place for your local sports coverage, with key national and international sports stories, as well.
• On Page D1 — pencils, notebooks, colds, flus, head lice: going back to school often means picking up more than just classroom supplies.
• On page D2 — our 20 Questions feature with Stan Cook Jr.
• On page D3, it’s the faith page. This week, a story of an Alberta author who crafted a novel set during time of Christ. Also on the page, local church listings.
• On page D4 is the outdoors columnists.
• On page E1, Danika Drover’s secret songwriting develops into her first album.
• Movie reviews in our E section. On page E2, a review of “Lawless.” On page E3, a review of “Premium Rush.” On page E4, a look at “Hit & Run.”
• On page F1, Karl Wells reviews Bistro on Roe which he says is Gander’s best-kept secret.
• On page F3 is the weekend books page.
• On page F4, it’s our gardening columns.
Remember, for updates and the latest Breaking News, check www.thetelegram.com.
For the full picture, pick up a copy, subscribe to the print edition, sign up for the SmartEdition or download The Telegram app.