Comments

Comments

• ORIGINAL VALLEYER
    September 04, 2012 - 12:35

I chose to write like that as it seemed like it would be easiest for you to understand. Still can't help notice there was but 1 call for resettlement, that coming from MALLRAT. Exactly what I would expect from someone with such a moniker.

• Townie
    September 03, 2012 - 17:08

I agree we don,t need trash in St John,s from surrounding areas.

• Original Townie
    September 02, 2012 - 09:55

Original Valleyer....strange English (I assume it's English). People still talk like that?

• Will Cole
    September 02, 2012 - 09:41

Cheap drugs.

• Bellislander
    September 01, 2012 - 21:27

These two thugs should be put on Kelly's Island or Litte Bell Island without a paddle! They are too lazy to swim so they can live on grass or bugs! They lost the right to live among people. They're only thinking on where or who they will hit next! They are not even fit to live with animals!

• Islander
    September 01, 2012 - 10:41

I don't blame "Original Townie" for not wanting them in St. John's but guess what they have been in St. John's doing their dirty work and terrorizing your area now it is time to lock them up for good and if not rehabilitated then put them somewhere where they will meet their match probably on the streeets of downtown vancouver and see how long they last... They are also victims of their upbringing but this does not justifiy what they put the residents of Bell Island thru. The system failed those now full fledge gangsters when they were young, child welfare, justice system, and so on failed them horribly . Time to bring back justice to our island. A few more drug dealers on the island needs strings cut as well.

• MallRat
    September 01, 2012 - 09:27

Islanders are reeling over the latest events.... Just another reason to resettle this bottomless black hole of government funding. From the huge per capita distribursement of social services benefits, to the endless repairs and infrastructure realignments associated with the atiquated ferry system, to the funding of a federal police force (RCMP) that has to have a presence to babysit the dozen mizfit families that make life a living hell for the rest of the islanders. For god sake Conservatives! You want to go down in our childrens Newfoundland Culture text books with how you developed Muskrat Falls. Why don't you also leave the legacy of todays first modern resettlement of a community! I travelled to Bell Island this summer and I was embarrassed to say such a place exists in NL, for me, it reacalled not forgotten images of Davis Inlet, right down to the stray dogs walking the streets around the local grocer...... Sorry but the truth hurts sometimes

• Original Townie
    September 01, 2012 - 09:09

We don't want them in St. John's : (

• billy
      September 01, 2012 - 10:39

Well I have to agree with Anna yesterday, if the parents had been there for these men when they were younger we would probably not be reading about them today. I do understand that as adults they need to take responsibility BUT when I was a child back in the 60's I never knew my parents to be out at the legion causing rackets and breaking up marrirages,,,,my opinion only BUT thes men had no guidance growing up absent parents of children makes for messed up adults .

• Original Valleyer
      September 01, 2012 - 13:26

Now ain't dat a switch in da remarks we have grown accustomed to from da "townies"!!! What happened to all dem resettlement cries? Don't da whiners from da city realize dat not only does da great Island have decent, hard working, law-abiding citizens, it also has.... wait fer it..... CRIMINALS, just like EVERY community in da country!! As soon as da fine folks of Bell Island announce dey don't want dem bad people such as Misters Jenkins and Boone, all of a sudden da townies don't want Bell Islanders in der fine city..... Go figure.... A confused ignoramus outta Sin John's..... Whodathunk?

• Paul
    September 01, 2012 - 08:57

Both are well known trouble makers to everyone on the island. Someone is going to get seriously hurt one day because this small group do as they want. This will end up with someone taking matters into there own hands and probably getting more time than they ever will or have because neither the police or justice system is willing to do anything to get these people off our streets.

• Brad
    September 01, 2012 - 08:45

Kudos to the person that captured the picture used above, it's a great shot! Really caught my attention when I loaded the website.