Comments

Comments

• JP
    September 04, 2012 - 21:08

I guess they will have to investigate 'Race the Base' too judging by the photo above... Plus with every article written on the subject, Marlbro is getting it name repeated. Oops! Did I just advertise Marlbro by writing that? Where does the madness end?!!

• Lori
    September 04, 2012 - 05:50

He's just coming down to take in the race. If it's hailed as an 'investigation', he can come watch the race with everything paid for. He's just blowing smoke. Go Targa!

• Steamer
    September 03, 2012 - 19:05

Absolute idiocy... This just goes to show how far we have gone over the edge on our anti-tobacco crusade. No money changed hands, Targa is not involved, the tobacco company is not involved, and the driver didn't mean to cause a fuss. (He probably didn't even think about it) We have real crimes and contraventions of health acts happening all around us and the government is stuck on an unofficial racing suit. I wish the government would either use common sense and stop the PC nonsense OR stop the hypocrisy and ban tobacco outright... No - they too are addicted to the sin taxes that smokers provide and they'll never give that up willingly. They will continue with empty gestures like this "investigation" while they happily take their tobacco dollars to the bank...

• California Pete from NFLD
    September 03, 2012 - 14:09

So what .They have nothing better to do !!! I have a F1 MARLBRO jacket now I can't wear it in Canada. Give it up get a life

• Jack
    September 02, 2012 - 14:49

Why does it seem that Law Enforcement agencies are acting so stupid these days? First, you have the Royal Newfoundland Constabulary whom doesn't know how to read the laws, and then charge a mentally challenged man for driving an e-bike. Second, you have Colin Oram whom fight face criminal charges for shooting a bear on his property. Now, you have Health Canada targeting Targa Newfoundland for something they didn't do. When will officers start being smart instead of acting dumb like they are now?

• Jeremiah
    September 02, 2012 - 14:39

Targa is dangerous to the general public, of little benefit to the province, a nuisance to the motoring public and not worth the problems it causes.

• geezer
    September 02, 2012 - 10:28

I'd say TARGA hit the nail on the head, someone looking for a free trip to the races.

• Marie
    September 02, 2012 - 05:49

Well, I love to see our tax dollars being put to good use! I say we order a full on investigation into this matter. I'd say Health Canada should send three inspectors down, all expenses paid and give them an additional $33.50 on top of their regular salary to account for isolation pay, just to get to the bottom of this pressing matter.........

• Upalong Bob
    September 01, 2012 - 19:46

I just love how hard earned tax dollars are being spent on something so stupid.

• J
    September 01, 2012 - 18:22

This is one of those cases were bureaucracy run amok. Heaven forbid a legal product be advertised - which clearly isn't the case here. I don't smoke either. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_they_came...

• Dawn O
    September 01, 2012 - 15:21

Don't people have more important things to worry about than what logo is on a persons coveralls?????????????? And you wonder why the world is going to hell in a hand-basket!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!