From Manuels to the Playboy Mansion

Tara
Tara Bradbury

Playboy model Stephanie Branton of Manuels poses outside the Playboy Mansion in Los Angeles recently. Branton was recently hired to do an online pictorial for the iconic magazine. — Submitted photo

A young C.B.S. woman is living out her dream in Los Angeles, following in the footsteps of Newfoundland models like Shannon Tweed and Danielle House as a Playboy model.

Stephanie Branton, 22, of Manuels, had been modelling here at home for a while, and recently spent a year working in Toronto. There, she made a friend who was involved in the Playboy Golf Tournament, and went with her to L.A. for the event.

At the tournament, Branton was approached by two casting directors who asked her if she was a Playboy model. When she said no, they asked her if she’d like to be one.

Branton shot a pictorial and videos for Playboy, which were released on the magazine’s website this week as part of its “Northern Stars” series.

There are two versions of the pictorial: one in which she’s scantily dressed, and one, available for viewers who wish to create an online account, in which she’s nude.

“Playboy is the only brand that I would pose nude for, to be honest,” Branton told The Telegram. “I find their magazine and their pictorials quite classy, and you’re not doing any obscene gestures or stuff like that. Playboy’s such a legend and I’ve always admired it, and when I got the opportunity, I was hands-on, interested right away.”

Branton has been to the Playboy Mansion, but hasn’t met Hugh Hefner yet — he normally only attends big events like his birthday or summer parties, and even then, just for a few minutes, she said.

Branton’s mom and dad have seen her pictorial.

“They’re my Number 1 fans, I think. My mom’s my best friend and she saw it as soon as it came out, and she told me, ‘I’m so proud of it, and I don’t think it’s distasteful at all.’ My dad — I don’t know,” Branton said, laughing. “I’m sure he’s seen the clothed one, and he liked it, too. He’s OK with just seeing that one, I think.”

Branton moved to L.A. three months ago, where she’s pursuing her modelling career. She’s interested in all types of modelling — though at five-foot-seven, she said, she’s a little too short for runway work, and would love to do fashion modelling or pose for magazines like Maxim or FHM. She’s already got other projects with Playboy in the works.

“I’m open, of course, to all of it,” Branton said. “Modelling is just so much fun for me. Playboy has always been my goal. I’d love to be a Playmate.”

Branton plans on one day looking Tweed up in L.A.

“It would be so nice to meet a fellow Newfoundlander,” she said.

tbradbury@thetelegram.com

Twitter: @tara_bradbury

Organizations: Shannon Tweed and Danielle House, The Telegram

Geographic location: L.A., Los Angeles, Newfoundland Toronto

Comments

Comments

• willy
    September 09, 2012 - 17:41

I don't think anyone should recommend this type of career, to much potential to be lead down the wrong road.

• Ryan
    September 08, 2012 - 12:06

@Townie posting anonymously bad mouthing a model. That's classy.

• MallRat
    September 08, 2012 - 12:04

Go Way Townie By! I'm sure You're the real preacher of Doctorine.... Well done by another Great Newfoundlander! Bravo! This beautiful young woman has set her sights on a goal and she is pursuing her dreams! So typical for peanut brained people to throw rocks at this story. This is merely a stepping stone which will certainly help accelerate her career into other areas of entertainment and acting. Hey, confident young woman! Nothing wrong with it, good news story.

• jocko on the rocko
    September 08, 2012 - 10:57

What young women will do for a bit of fame. What a damn shame. Instead of going to university and getting a education she decides that taking her cloths off is a better route. Just shows me how brainwashed some of todays youth are. Let some man pay your way. I think in years to come she will regret selling her soul as not many who take their cloths off get famous. They get sold to the next lowest bidder. Once you go down that road you will forever be known for it and nothing else. Not many remember Daniel House and I wonder where she is now? Working in some low paying job trying to make ends meet? Married to so some rich guy who pays? 15 minutes of fame by taking your cloths off and you are forgotten the rest of your life.

• Townie
    September 08, 2012 - 10:06

Ya right playboy classy,shake your head my dear there is a big difference from modeling and posing nude for a magazine.

• John
      September 09, 2012 - 23:40

Excellent point, Jocko. We all know what happened to Shannon Tweed, to cut right to the truth, her hubby Gene Simmons we are told is worth as much as Danny Williams. Danielle House is a different story or lack thereof. The NL media have been trying for years to track Danielle House down but to no avail. Believe me, if her life was a fairy tale and there was millions involved, you would have heard about it by now. Even in his 80s, I can not believe what Miss Branton says about Hugh Hefner only spending five minutes or so speaking to guests at mansion parties. That is definitely not the lifestyle of the world's most well known swinger.