The Royal Newfoundland Constabulary is investigating a single-vehicle collision that occurred Tuesday in the area of Commander Place in Mount Pearl.
According to the RNC, a vehicle went off the road around 1:30 p.m. and into the Waterford River.
Injuries to the man driving the vehicle were not considered life threatening.
Also, around mid-day Tuesday, RNC officers responded to a two-vehicle collison on Elizabeth Avenue in the area of Elizabeth Towers.
And, a two-vehicle collision occurred in the area of Monkstown Road and Rennies Mill Road, with no injuries reported but moderate damage to the vehicles.
The RNC received 189 calls for service in the St. John's-metro area overnight Tuesday and early Wednesday morning. The incidents included:
• A traffic stop at Empire Avenue and Ropewalk Lane in St. John's around 3:50 p.m. Tuesday. A man driving the vehicle was charged with operating a vehicle with no licence or insurance and the vehicle was impounded;
• A man was arrested by the RNC around 1 a.m. today for driving a vehicle while impaired. He was released to appear in court at a later date;
• A 45-year-old man was arrested in the downtown area of St. John's around 1 p.m. Tuesday for a breach of a court order and was taken to court;
• RNC officers responded to a domestic violence call in the downtown area of St. John's around 10 p.m., where a woman was arrested and charged with assault. Injuries to the victim are reported to be non-life-threatening;
• Around 9:30 p.m. Tuesday, the RNC arrested a woman in the downtown St. John's area for theft. A subsequent check revealed that the woman had an outstanding warrant for failing to appear in court;
• A man was also arrested under warrant around 9:30 a.m. today for failing to appear in court.