Comments

Comments

• Betsy
    October 12, 2012 - 21:46

Warren is a very sketchy organization. I have heard bad things, which have been echoed in previous comments. Please, please research carefully and don't get conned! https://www.facebook.com/bad.DADs.out?ref=stream This Facebook group is all about Diabetic Alert Dog scams, and Warren is one they have lots of issues with. ... I truly hope that this family gets the dog they need. I have a friend who has a DAD for her daughter, and the pup is an absolute God-send to the family. But she didn't have to pay thousands upon thousands for him.

• Melinda
    September 28, 2012 - 18:59

Doesn't look like they did read the contact. Poor family, if something happens and they can't move forward, they are out that 10k dollars. My suggestion, stop fundraising for this company. Fundraise for your son, keep the money until you get the contract. Don't they know that their money does not even cover all of the training. I have seen these dogs in action, and trust me, it is safe to question if they are even imprinted. As far as trained alerts, there are none, it is up to the family to train these dogs on their own. Yeah they get a trainer, but not every 90 days. Half the families that just got dogs are all complaining their dogs are broken and now they are out 20k dollars. Oh wait, I mean 23k dollars, he just upped the price. Hey Mullins family, if you want to see a copy of what your getting into, I would be more than happy to show it you. BTW, you have no choice but to sign it whether you agree or not, cause if you dont, you wont get your dog and you dont get your money back either

• Melaina
    September 28, 2012 - 13:56

I've read the contract for this program, I'm guess the family hasn't. I don't think they are aware that this contract does not cover any genetic defects the dog might have and if the dog does have genetic defects then the program euthanizes the dog. Seems like that would be traumatic for the child. And such a horrifying thing for the program to do!

• Tina
      September 28, 2012 - 15:53

You probably find the bad in kids trick or treating at Halloween, and hunting for eggs at Easter.

• Ashley
    September 28, 2012 - 13:23

$40,000? Then how can you get a fully-trained DAD from Canine Hope for Diabetics for $13,000? Sounds like this family wants to do the best for the child but got ripped off. Shame on Guardian Angels for taking advantage of these families!

• Dan
    September 28, 2012 - 09:46

Awesome, glad Sophie and her new best friend will soon be together.

• Diabetic
    September 28, 2012 - 07:52

This is great news to read so early in the morning. I was diagnosed with Type 1 when I was 12 and I am pretty sure that my parents would have went to great lenghts to provide some relief for themselves and to keep me safe as well. I am now 43 years old and my mother still do not sleep, so she tells me. Constantly worrying that my levels may drop while sleeping. Big congratulations and also to all who has donated this has to be the best money that you ever contributed. Be really nice for the telegram to follow up with the little girl and her family after they finally get their Guardian angel, so as we all can see just how important owning a loving service animal /pet really can be.

• Mom
    September 28, 2012 - 07:34

What a great story to start your day off right, thank you to the Telegram for bringing this story to the people of NL and thank God there are still good people out there. What a wonderful gesture and hopefully everything will work out wonderful for Sophie and her family. God Bless you all!

• Jerome
    September 28, 2012 - 06:45

Beautiful, beautiful and beautiful! Thanks to The Telegram for bringing this story to light.

• SR
    September 28, 2012 - 06:39

What an amazing gesture for this act of kindness...so, good people still really do exsist...it warms my heart to see this story today! Bless your heart!